PDA

View Full Version : new project...

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-02-2008, 01:51 PM
this is my next project on the list, i just started tearing the fence down yesterday. i will be replacing the old timber walls with segmented block. i will be using flat-faced cornerstone(buff) for this wall. there will be steps at the far end and there are 2 more walls in the back that are unable to see in the pics. i will be on vacation for a couple days but will start excavating next wed. she also wants new plants in between the walls but unsure about what we are doing there for now, and maybe a paver patio will be installed!!!!! i will post pics as the project goes.......

this yard is messy but it will look great when complete...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0171.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0172.jpg

cgll1135
07-02-2008, 09:25 PM
how are you going to drain rain water away from the pool area?

shovelracer
07-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Its July that pool should be open, but Im sure your glad it isnt. I cant believe that old wall is standing.

Mike33
07-02-2008, 11:21 PM
Looks like a pita, you will have to work from upper side. meaning handing down all block, filling from above, etc.
mike

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-08-2008, 08:26 PM
i will have 2 drains for water behind the wall. shouldnt be a big deal. yea sucks the pool isnt open but good for me bc i wont worry about having to clean it everyday, and yea abunch of handwork from handing down all the block. but atleast its not a tall wall so it wont be too bad.

shovelracer
07-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Dude just get yourself a mini ex and swing those puppies into place.

cooltype
07-10-2008, 10:38 PM
phone picture. about to start laying block on that dirt after we compact it. an engineer said the dirt wasnt right so we cussed him out. we are going to build it anyways

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-10-2008, 11:14 PM
hahahaha

thats a good pic

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-10-2008, 11:43 PM
'nother pic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0223.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0224.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0225.jpg

wurkn with amish
07-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Engineer said dirt wasn't right? Your gonna set your block straight on the soil? That's idiotic if its true.

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Engineer said dirt wasn't right? Your gonna set your block straight on the soil? That's idiotic if its true.

that was a joke....

cooltype
07-12-2008, 07:07 PM
lol :drinkup:

wurkn with amish
07-12-2008, 07:47 PM
went over my head.

Lite4
07-13-2008, 03:32 PM
There is a reason we build an engineered base for these heavy walls. Perhaps this homeowner should have done her homework. :nono:

cooltype
07-13-2008, 11:22 PM
it was a JOKE!!

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-14-2008, 05:30 PM
here's some more pics of what i did today.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0226.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0229.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0231.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0232.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0230.jpg

Lite4
07-14-2008, 08:11 PM
it was a JOKE!!

Roger that! I guess I was a bit slow on the uptake on that one.

CaliDesigns
07-14-2008, 08:17 PM
Just a suggestion for the next project, put 1/2" foam expansion joint between the concrete and the block to allow the concrete to move. Don't know how much frost you get there, but where I'm from, that will cause the concrete to crack during the winter without the exp. jt.

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-14-2008, 08:17 PM
Roger that! I guess I was a bit slow on the uptake on that one.

lol:laugh:

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Just a suggestion for the next project, put 1/2" foam expansion joint between the concrete and the block to allow the concrete to move. Don't know how much frost you get there, but where I'm from, that will cause the concrete to crack during the winter without the exp. jt.

thats a good idea but we dont really get any frost at all here. if it was a little bit colder in the winter i would but it rarely freezes down here.

PatriotLandscape
07-14-2008, 09:00 PM
You didn't bury any of the block?

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-14-2008, 09:54 PM
there is about an inch burried

PatiosInstalled
07-14-2008, 10:07 PM
what happens if they decide you did a great job on the wall and they want you to come back and remove the concrete pool decking and replace it with pavers? what will retain the wall base while that is under construction? Since it seems the concrete is a retainer for the retaining wall. I have seen many concrete pool decking's crack and settle up to 4". If that happens, what will retain the wall base?

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-14-2008, 11:33 PM
what happens if they decide you did a great job on the wall and they want you to come back and remove the concrete pool decking and replace it with pavers? what will retain the wall base while that is under construction? Since it seems the concrete is a retainer for the retaining wall. I have seen many concrete pool decking's crack and settle up to 4". If that happens, what will retain the wall base?

well first of all i wish that would happen trust me ive already suggested that to her but she dont have the money but i guess if they wanted that then i would raise the whole pad 4 inches then that would give over half a block in ground. that would be plenty of support for the wall. or i could do some kind of border around the wall that slopes to the original grade..... thats a great question though thanks for the input

CaliDesigns
07-15-2008, 01:23 AM
The other issue is drainage. Where is all the water going to go? Besides the exp. jt., I would have also put a trench drain in there to evacuate all the water. Yea, I use to work for landscapers that think the same way you do. " yea let's replace the concrete with pavers. I almost edited my post, thinking you did that on purpose so you could do exactly that, but I didn't. I fired a guy from T that thought he knew his stuff. Do your work right, or it will come back to haunght you.

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-15-2008, 08:19 AM
The other issue is drainage. Where is all the water going to go? Besides the exp. jt., I would have also put a trench drain in there to evacuate all the water. Yea, I use to work for landscapers that think the same way you do. " yea let's replace the concrete with pavers. I almost edited my post, thinking you did that on purpose so you could do exactly that, but I didn't. I fired a guy from T that thought he knew his stuff. Do your work right, or it will come back to haunght you.

drainage isnt that big of a problem here. the water will be routed to the far end of the wall and yea that trench you would have put would cause problems with the wall also and probaly collapse. i do my work right!!!! think before you speak next time bud...

cooltype
07-15-2008, 11:48 AM
:laugh:i think that bubble on the level is leaning a little to the right

CaliDesigns
07-16-2008, 11:56 PM
ok sexy tractor, don't tell me not to think before I speak! I know this site is all about landscapers and you like to slam the concrete guys, but from your comments, it sounds like you're just another lawnmowere turned "landscape guy" Do you have an engineering degree?, sat on the board of ACI for 10 years?, have you managed $30 mill a year in construction? I doubt it. If you are relying on the concrete to prevent your wall from collapsing, you're not building it right. I'd tell you how to do it right, but I'd have to charge you.
I didn't join this site so I had to prove myself, but, to see other people's work, get ideas, and give some constructive criticizim so maybe people won't make the same, expensive mistakes, i have in the past.
Do your damn thing, sorry I tried to help

NNJLandman
07-17-2008, 04:39 PM
I woulda burried that first block a little more. More like half of it. Wall looks pretty good though.

PlatinumLandCon
07-17-2008, 06:14 PM

Amen to that. tractors, do you know anything about walls? just wondering....

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-17-2008, 09:46 PM
ok sexy tractor, don't tell me not to think before I speak! I know this site is all about landscapers and you like to slam the concrete guys, but from your comments, it sounds like you're just another lawnmowere turned "landscape guy" Do you have an engineering degree?, sat on the board of ACI for 10 years?, have you managed $30 mill a year in construction? I doubt it. If you are relying on the concrete to prevent your wall from collapsing, you're not building it right. I'd tell you how to do it right, but I'd have to charge you.
I didn't join this site so I had to prove myself, but, to see other people's work, get ideas, and give some constructive criticizim so maybe people won't make the same, expensive mistakes, i have in the past.

haha fist of all ive never done landscaping in my life... seriously, all i have done is built walls and dirt work. i aint tryin to slam anyone all im doing is proving my point!!!! no i dont have an engineering degree yet... still in college will graduate in a couple years. yall didnt expect all this **** from a 20 year old did ya??? i mean how many college kids do you know that is making almost 75k a year....and yes i will manage my own multi-million construction company soon already working towards it, and no its not retaining walls or dirt work...i preciate the criticizim but all im doing is proving my point

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-17-2008, 10:13 PM
heres some more to nag about!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0240.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0241.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0235.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0238.jpg

Superior L & L
07-17-2008, 11:16 PM
I woulda burried that first block a little more. More like half of it. Wall looks pretty good though.

10% of a wall should be burried

PlatinumLandCon
07-17-2008, 11:25 PM
10% of a wall should be burried

Don't give away all the secrets LOL. Honestly... if you can get away with installing a wall like that you're golden.

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-17-2008, 11:48 PM
Don't give away all the secrets LOL. Honestly... if you can get away with installing a wall like that you're golden.

yes, i like to think im golden at times!!!!!

cooltype
07-18-2008, 01:10 AM
he is 17. thats cute lol. cant even buy a beer

cleancutccl
07-18-2008, 01:56 AM
MRUSK has entered the building!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hammerhead:

PatriotLandscape
07-18-2008, 09:02 AM
So whats the reasoning for the blocks to be above grade and sitting on a PT deck? I'm not saying it is a bad job but it definitely is using poor practices for the install. With that block as cheap as it is you should have charged for the extra course. Everythings looks nice and level but it should have been down at least another 5 inches. What install diagram have you seen that says a 1" concrete pad was sufficient fo retention?

PlatinumLandCon
07-18-2008, 02:37 PM
So whats the reasoning for the blocks to be above grade and sitting on a PT deck? I'm not saying it is a bad job but it definitely is using poor practices for the install. With that block as cheap as it is you should have charged for the extra course. Everythings looks nice and level but it should have been down at least another 5 inches. What install diagram have you seen that says a 1" concrete pad was sufficient fo retention?

Hmm... seems like I'm not the only one that thinks this....

BTW, why do you have 2 users?

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Hmm... seems like I'm not the only one that thinks this....

BTW, why do you have 2 users?

its 2 different ppl

bigviclbi
07-18-2008, 06:16 PM
The workmanship looks good but you can't build walls without burying block plain and simple. There really isn't any arguing the fact. Since you are only 17 maybe you can get a student discount on a NCMA seminar. Instead of making excuses just read up on it and take the class. You will learn alot that will help you continue to build your company in the future.

cooltype
07-18-2008, 08:11 PM
he is not 17, muscleboy is 17. also, after you dig down a few inches the concrete form runs out so you could only bury so much block unless you wanted to go chiping away at the concrete that ran out under the form when the slab was poured.

mrusk
07-18-2008, 08:30 PM
Where do I start?

cooltype
07-18-2008, 08:54 PM
the beginning

mrusk
07-18-2008, 09:44 PM
MRUSK has entered the building!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hammerhead:

My work is atleast top notch.

PlatinumLandCon
07-18-2008, 10:06 PM
Where do I start?

Stop before you even start

Supertiger
07-19-2008, 11:05 AM
How did you get your gravel backfill in after you started your second row? did you wheel barral it? doesnt look like there is any room for you Bobcat to move around in there now. I hope you will still post your finished pictures. I dont blame you if you dont with all this hard judgements comming from everyone. I know sometimes its good to get other peoples advice to learn from, but sometimes you just want to share your work with other people who are in the same line of work and not be totally critisized for every detail. Your wall looks perfectly level and strait im shure you are going to laugh all the way to the bank.

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-19-2008, 11:45 AM
How did you get your gravel backfill in after you started your second row? did you wheel barral it? doesnt look like there is any room for you Bobcat to move around in there now. I hope you will still post your finished pictures. I dont blame you if you dont with all this hard judgements comming from everyone. I know sometimes its good to get other peoples advice to learn from, but sometimes you just want to share your work with other people who are in the same line of work and not be totally critisized for every detail. Your wall looks perfectly level and strait im shure you are going to laugh all the way to the bank.

i hear ya man... but yea we backfilled mostly with the bobcat but then abunch of shoveling and wheelbarrel for the rest that was in the tight spots.and i will put the pics up as i get them. and your right im just posting my work on here to show people what i do and what kind of jobs i get. its funny b/c some of the people that comment about this stuff cant get big jobs like this. and i appreciate all the criticizim and everyone helpin me out but sometime it just seems like people want to get on here and b*tch about somethin

PerfiCut L&L
07-19-2008, 11:59 AM
First I'd like to say, I think the project is looking prety good with respect to the layout/design.

I have to agree with whats been stated, if your going to build a wall, you must burry atleast 10%. Thats standard, not an option. If for some reason you can not, you must find alternate means to ancor the base course.

One thing I havent seen mentioned is geogrid. Again, a wall this size, with that type of soil, I would have installed geogrid after the first and third coars of the lower wall. At a minimum between the 2nd and 3rd coarse.

Something else I noticed, is no core fill. I would have filled the cores with drainage aggregate to increase weight and stability. Especially if I had a brain fart and didnt install any geogrid. I did notice you filled the cores for the steps. Not sure why only there.

The stability of your lower wall is critical. Keep in mind, your not only supporting the weight of the soil behind it, but the water that soil absorbs, plus the weight of the upper wall. Tramendious amounts of pressure exerted on the lower wall.

I apologize for the negativity, just calling it as I see it. As it has been suggested, get yourself into an NCMA course. You will learn a lot about what you are doing, which will only make you a better installer.

Good luck with the rest of the project, and I too would like to see some final finished product pictures.

roco5
07-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Can you guys help me by taking a look at the thread "my first big project" I am trying to estimate a job and would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

PlatinumLandCon
07-19-2008, 02:42 PM
also, after you dig down a few inches the concrete form runs out so you could only bury so much block unless you wanted to go chiping away at the concrete that ran out under the form when the slab was poured.

Well ya... a proper installer would chip the concrete to do it right:hammerhead:

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-19-2008, 05:40 PM
First I'd like to say, I think the project is looking prety good with respect to the layout/design.

I have to agree with whats been stated, if your going to build a wall, you must burry atleast 10%. Thats standard, not an option. If for some reason you can not, you must find alternate means to ancor the base course.

One thing I havent seen mentioned is geogrid. Again, a wall this size, with that type of soil, I would have installed geogrid after the first and third coars of the lower wall. At a minimum between the 2nd and 3rd coarse.

Something else I noticed, is no core fill. I would have filled the cores with drainage aggregate to increase weight and stability. Especially if I had a brain fart and didnt install any geogrid. I did notice you filled the cores for the steps. Not sure why only there.

The stability of your lower wall is critical. Keep in mind, your not only supporting the weight of the soil behind it, but the water that soil absorbs, plus the weight of the upper wall. Tramendious amounts of pressure exerted on the lower wall.

I apologize for the negativity, just calling it as I see it. As it has been suggested, get yourself into an NCMA course. You will learn a lot about what you are doing, which will only make you a better installer.

Good luck with the rest of the project, and I too would like to see some final finished product pictures.

thanks for the advice. i usually use geogrid on walls over 4 ft. i was going to use it on this wall but the company that manufactured the block said it would be fine being the height that it is. and when i dug the footer, whoever poured the slab did a not so good job with the forms. concrete is very thick under the footer where it ran from under the form. there is still about 4-5 inches of gravel that the block is sitting on, i figured the wall would be fine with a inch of it burried b/c the slab would give it a place to butt up against. yes, i should have burried it more though but there is no future plans of tearing up the concrete for anything else. also, i did core fill every block with gravel i guess i just take pics of it, but they are all filled. i have been checking up on some of those classes and plan to take it. i will post more pics of the wall as i get to building the rest of it. thanks for the advice again!!!

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Well ya... a proper installer would chip the concrete to do it right:hammerhead:

and hell no, your outta your mind. a proper installer would NOT chip the concrete. because if you do chip the concrete it weakens the slab and the corners will also chip. trust me i learned it the hard way. but i would have hammered or just chiseled it out if it wasnt thick, but its pretty thick stuff. you do not want to see the edge that is butted up against the wall chipped. it would look horrible and also be a weak link potentially causing cracks later on in the pad. so with that being said, a proper installer should check up on his stuff instead of making decisions that lead to failure. so when you start your next year of high school buddy start checking up on this stuff ight...

PlatinumLandCon
07-19-2008, 06:38 PM
and hell no, your outta your mind. a proper installer would NOT chip the concrete. because if you do chip the concrete it weakens the slab and the corners will also chip. trust me i learned it the hard way. but i would have hammered or just chiseled it out if it wasnt thick, but its pretty thick stuff. you do not want to see the edge that is butted up against the wall chipped. it would look horrible and also be a weak link potentially causing cracks later on in the pad. so with that being said, a proper installer should check up on his stuff instead of making decisions that lead to failure. so when you start your next year of high school buddy start checking up on this stuff ight...

Then cut it flush with a concrete saw... what's the big deal? Risk the base of a tiered wall to save a few hours... doesn't make sense in my books. Removing concrete that "ran under the form during the pour" won't weaken anything. Its like saying removing your mirrors will weaken your truck's frame:dizzy:

mrusk
07-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Cutting off the extra slop from the concrete would not weaken anything! You know why? Because its not suppose to be there in the first place!!! A good installer would of cut it with the demo saw and been done with it.

What is your reason for not burying the first row on the top teir? Was there concrete there too?

YardPro
07-19-2008, 08:11 PM

LOL,

a good installer would break out his cutoff saw and cut through the overpour..... this does not weaken the slab, etc.....

NCMA guidelines are a minimum of 6" embeddment .

also on the pic with the level... check closer... there is a gap on the left side of the block, but is touching on the right side.....not a huge deal, but it can cause cracked blocks on the next overlapping course..

iowa
07-20-2008, 11:16 PM
you installed the wall wrong. drop your ego and listen to what these guys have to say.

crab
07-21-2008, 06:08 PM
you're kidding right?,that little tiny project!?no i don't do swr i only do real stone,and the principles i adhere to come from hundreds if not thousand's of years of knowledge,if you cant even do block right, how can you expect to thrive and become a real landscape construction business.go ahead keep thinking you're right you're not,and yes my panties are in bunch.this is the best advice i can give you"no one knows everything all the time"i live by that and its served me well,try it.:sleeping:

littleo92
07-22-2008, 12:56 AM
Sex tractor Boy and I mean boy

take the negative feed back and learn from it there not trying to be nasty about it but when you come back with back lashes at the guys trying to fine tune your work just does not make sense to me.

The other thing I have read through every comment in where and you seem to try to act like you know it all and seen it all, and have made comments that do not add up,
I find it kind of hard to imagine you running a multimillion $ company and going to school at 20Year old, not saying it's in possible but I think it kind of weird that when someone comments that they have been in the industry for a long time and have a large revenue and you say the same thing but this is your first hardscape job,

and everyone in the construction industry will tell cutting out the over pour from the form will not hurt anything, I can see your hesitance if the ground under the pad had washed out then maybe there would be an issue

Just listen say thanks for the insight any move on, and if you want take some of the things these guys have told you and implement them in to your next job !

Bud,
I do not thread much in here but after seeing what was going on here I had to say somthing I like you work to a point There are things wrong that need fix. I will wieght on the wall step deal un tell I see more pictures can't rally wrap my head around what u got there, but thats between you and the home owner

But like my old man and grandpa told me and they both have work in the construction industry a long time
It takes a real man to say ya I $*&( up and did not think of that:weightlifter:

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-22-2008, 08:58 AM
preciate the advice little and i know some stuff is different but i was just tryin to explain my point. and this is not my first hardscape job i have alot under my belt

cleancutccl
07-24-2008, 12:02 AM
Unless I missed the actual excavation picture it only looks like the base for that wall is 1" maybe 2" deep. Everybody might as well throw in the towel, because he thinks he is the future of hardscaping. You have a LOT to learn.

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-24-2008, 12:10 AM
Unless I missed the actual excavation picture it only looks like the base for that wall is 1" maybe 2" deep. Everybody might as well throw in the towel, because he thinks he is the future of hardscaping. You have a LOT to learn.

no its alot deeper than that, its atleast 5-6 inches. and dude why the hell yall keep on naggin about stuff. i aint never said i know everything or i am the future of hardscaping... maybe yall should get a life and not sit around on this website all day just to b*tch about sumthing.

BrandonLawns
07-24-2008, 01:25 AM
i love to think people take time out of their day just to talk **** on here lol. hatter is just motivation for me. shethinksmytractors_sexy after the job is done i would cash the check then come back to job site and take a final pic of wall while your makin it rain on dem hoes.lol

DVS Hardscaper
07-24-2008, 10:00 AM
Patriot -

I see you're from MA.

Are you near Attleboro by any chance??

bigviclbi
07-24-2008, 06:31 PM
I think this thread has run its course..................................

bigviclbi
07-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Enough already, I asked everybody to stop maybe the moderator should lock this thread. Professionalism is a dying art I guess. This forum should be for discussion, not name calling. If you put your work out there for people to look at be prepared for criticism. If you are giving criticism, try to do it without name calling. If someone decides they don't want to adhere to your points, right or wrong, just leave it at that.

Chris B.
07-25-2008, 06:57 AM
Are we going to see the finished pictures?

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-25-2008, 09:55 AM
yes i will post some tonight.

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-25-2008, 05:23 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0247.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0248.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0250.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0251.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0253.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0254.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0255.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0257.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0258.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0260.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0261.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0262.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/tylerstruck/DSCN0263.jpg

cooltype
07-25-2008, 05:34 PM
had to throw in the tractor lol

one more time for the record....why didnt you burry that first block a few more inches???

zedosix
07-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Why the straw? Do they grow strawberries in those flowerbeds?

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-25-2008, 07:15 PM
yes strawberrys would give it a good look lol.... the lady wants landscaping but cant afford it yet so she told me to just put straw in until then. it wasnt my choice but atleast it still looks better than dirt. hopefully in a month or so i will be back to landscape.

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-25-2008, 07:16 PM
had to throw in the tractor lol

one more time for the record....why didnt you burry that first block a few more inches???

ooooo, u know i had to show off the new BOTA!!!!

Travis E
07-26-2008, 12:21 AM
That will look really good when landscaped, no matter what others say about the way the wall was built, it sure looks dang good around that pool. Maybe they should open the pool now.

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-28-2008, 12:48 AM
That will look really good when landscaped, no matter what others say about the way the wall was built, it sure looks dang good around that pool. Maybe they should open the pool now.

yea i hope they open the pool soon and also the landscaping soon so i can get some better pics....

scenicexcellence
07-28-2008, 01:14 AM
just a suggestion for you is the top rows of hte wall, where you had different layers. the caps you should put the sideways to cover the side of the block. makes a better picture. just use some pl premium to hold it there. just make sure everytime you do this to run the top cap right over the side cap.

kreft
07-30-2008, 04:26 PM
that loader doesn't look safe on that trailer. You should put 2 more straps on.

iluvbermuda
08-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Wall and project looks good brother. I'm in the same area as you and I think the wall should be just fine. Again...good job.

shethinksmytractors_sexy
08-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Wall and project looks good brother. I'm in the same area as you and I think the wall should be just fine. Again...good job.

preciate it man. are you located in chattanooga?

SuperDuty335
08-04-2008, 12:46 AM
I like the little hobbit stool in the 4th from last photo.

I hope we get a seminar down here in the southeast pretty soon. I have a few walls around the house I'm going to build but would like to take the seminar first. I'm about 4 hours east of you guys. What do walls go for in your area?

shethinksmytractors_sexy
08-04-2008, 12:58 AM
I like the little hobbit stool in the 4th from last photo.

I hope we get a seminar down here in the southeast pretty soon. I have a few walls around the house I'm going to build but would like to take the seminar first. I'm about 4 hours east of you guys. What do walls go for in your area?

haha yea the hobbit stool was an add on after the job was done...there is a seminar in atl. in september i think, i will have to check but i know i will be attending. walls around here, i usually price $20 bucks a sq ft. and then more for excavating, gravel, labor, etc...

iluvscag
08-04-2008, 01:16 AM

That thing ain't goin nowhere. I am so tired of small criticism like this one this website. I mean it's one thing if your giving constructive criticism but I'm sure he knows what it takes to secure his OWN EQUIPMENT. And tractor yeah maybe the wall foundation could have been deeper, and maybe you should have used geogrid but these guys need to lay off. Your learning and will succeed. Some of these so called "Hardscape Pros" have never even show off any of there work so just ignore these guys and cash them checks.:waving:

shethinksmytractors_sexy
08-04-2008, 09:52 AM
That thing ain't goin nowhere. I am so tired of small criticism like this one this website. I mean it's one thing if your giving constructive criticism but I'm sure he knows what it takes to secure his OWN EQUIPMENT. And tractor yeah maybe the wall foundation could have been deeper, and maybe you should have used geogrid but these guys need to lay off. Your learning and will succeed. Some of these so called "Hardscape Pros" have never even show off any of there work so just ignore these guys and cash them checks.:waving:

AMEN BROTHA!!!!!

zedosix
08-04-2008, 10:48 AM

Comments such as this one are more damaging then a few words of wisdom by the "hardscape pros". One strap to hold on a 4000lb tractor, are you serious. You need 2 chains and one strap for that load.

cooltype
08-04-2008, 02:19 PM

I usually strap just one on but i will slip an extra one on if i dont know where the chick has been lol

tthomass
08-04-2008, 07:44 PM
This is why you use chains or appropriate straps. If you don't......that is, if you do not secure your load........then you would be a complete idiot.

zedosix
08-04-2008, 08:32 PM
This is why you use chains or appropriate straps. If you don't......that is, if you do not secure your load........then you would be a complete idiot.

Is that blue?

iluvscag
08-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Zedo that strap he has is probably a 3 inch wide one with most probably a 10,000 pound breaking force. Man you would make a good DOT officer. We haul Combines down the road with nothing on them life is life, if
someone is bound to get hurt or die then thats is destiny.

Junior M
08-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Zedo that strap he has is probably a 3 inch wide one with most probably a 10,000 pound breaking force. Man you would make a good DOT officer. We haul Combines down the road with nothing on them life is life, if
someone is bound to get hurt or die then thats is destiny.
but you arent doin 70 down the interstate either

shethinksmytractors_sexy
08-04-2008, 09:43 PM
and i dont either i cruise at about a blazin speed of 42mph... the way diesel prices are goin i cant afford to go 70

Junior M
08-04-2008, 10:00 PM
and i dont either i cruise at about a blazin speed of 42mph... the way diesel prices are goin i cant afford to go 70
yeah but man you can get in lots of trouble for not having enough straps on that thing and you dont have fenders either that would be another fine. but hey to each his own i have seen full size backhoes with only one binder and the four way biting the bucket stop on the front of the trailer and they never got in trouble so you might be fun but i would rather be safe than sorry.

tthomass
08-05-2008, 12:43 AM
Yes that is Blue........totalled on April 26th I believe. Driver (not me) ran off the road and lost control. If the Bobcat was not chained down with two chains it would have rolled right off the truck. Probably the only two reasons it didn't flip is #1 he just drove it straight once he went off the road....as if he could drive it and #2 the long wheel base. I just got my new International (cab and chasis) out of paint and hope to have it on the road in a month.

One strap doesn't stop something like that from rolling vs say if it were a pallet of material. One strap will only act as the pivot point.

Speed does not matter when it comes to securing equipment. I grew up on a farm and have watched brakes on trucks fail as we watch it roll through a fence, a tractor come out of gear and start rolling etc. Yes, big equipment weighs a lot and you may be driving slow and the best driver in the world but I carry insurance not because of the lack of confidence in my own driving but the lack of confidence in the idiot I may meet on the road that causes me to wreck. Somewhere recently a large piece of equipment was involved in an accident and came off crushing a vehicle and killing 4.

Its a safety issue and you run the risk of being sued and losing everything from your truck to your house and your credit even if what sparks the accident is not your fault.

tthomass
08-05-2008, 12:44 AM
Btw...........my truck right there.........it was totalled at 30mph.

cooltype
08-05-2008, 10:01 AM
here is how many straps i would use, oh yeah now your in control of the situation.

shethinksmytractors_sexy
08-05-2008, 01:53 PM
i think there needs to be another one on the backhoe. wouldent want the backhoe attachment to fall off!!!

tthomass
08-05-2008, 05:46 PM
Actually that is incorrect also.......if you make an evasive manuever to the right the tractor will roll off........no problem going left.

The fact you took the time to do that is humerous.

Does that little tractor make your truck that low or is there something in the bed?

zedosix
08-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Hilarious, after getting all those straps on there, I'd still give y"all :laugh: a fine, no strap over the hoe. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Michael J. Donovan
08-05-2008, 06:24 PM
I believe this thread has run its course