PDA

View Full Version : commercial accounts

SKEE
01-10-2002, 01:13 AM
Hey Guys,

Currently I have no commercial accounts, but I would like to try to add some small ones this upcoming season. I was just wondering what are the best types to go after.... like convenience stores, banks, or what?? Im solo so Im not looking for anything major at this point. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

65hoss
01-10-2002, 01:55 AM
My experience with small comm'l customers is that they are very similar to residential customers. They can be profitable with all the add ons for curb appeal.

LAWNGODFATHER
01-10-2002, 10:43 PM
Ahhh stepping up to the pack of wolves.;)

Check out the archives for more info.

CPLLTT
01-10-2002, 11:01 PM
SKEE,
Stay away from convenience stores and gas stations, unless they are paying real good. We spend most of our time picking up nasty garbage around places like those because people dont care where their trash lands. Our favorites are B&Bs, office buildings, doctors' offices etc. Starting out small is an excellent idea.

SKEE
01-12-2002, 03:55 AM
thanks for the advice alpine

sheppard
01-12-2002, 03:27 PM
My imput would be for you to identify exactly what you want... large parking lots? Large mowing area? Particular spot in town?

Whatever turns you on in this business look for in a commercial account that fills the bill. Then approach them and ask if they are 100% satisfied with their current service. Offer them a price for service and ask for the business!

Cordially,
Sheppard

thartz
01-12-2002, 05:15 PM
Skee, I worked for three fast food chains. They all were hard to get money from because the corporate offices were out of state. Your the first guy to get called when something looks wrong, but the last to get paid. I don't even want to tell you how many times my staff had to pick up baby diapers. Go for the small doctor's offices; you'll probably get the personal homes as well.