PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know of Training for Progressive 521

sleeton
07-03-2008, 12:02 AM
anyone know of a training class offered by someone on how to use or enhance your use of the progressive 521. been using it for several years now and can locate valves but i am not sure how to locate wire breaks. dont know how to use the 521 to read the depths of wires

any help will be appreciated

thanks
scott

greenmonster304
07-03-2008, 12:09 AM
to find the depth you find the center of the null, turn the reciver 180 degrees from the wire path (mark the path), angle the reciever 45 degrees with the receiver tip on the ground until the bubble is in the circle, then back away from the path (the tone should then sound) until you hear the null again and the distace between the end of the receiver and your mark should be the depth.

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-03-2008, 12:10 AM
anyone know of a training class offered by someone on how to use or enhance your use of the progressive 521. been using it for several years now and can locate valves but i am not sure how to locate wire breaks. dont know how to use the 521 to read the depths of wires

any help will be appreciated

thanks
scott

What's it worth to you? Seriously. I'd use the 901 fault finder for wire breaks.

Waterit
07-03-2008, 01:52 AM
What's it worth to you? Seriously. I'd use the 901 fault finder for wire breaks.

Upsell!:laugh:

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Upsell!:laugh:

He lives in Corpus. I'm contemplating a split retirement between Corpus and Bozeman, MT. Trade some 521 knowledge for a tour of the Corpus area was my thinking. Having said that the 521 is an experience thing. The more you use, the more potholing you do to see what the heck you are hearing, the more you learn. i rarely use the 521 for depth determination. We use our fault finder a lot. Best tool most irrigators don't have.

DanaMac
07-03-2008, 09:50 AM

Ewing usually has some classes for electrical troubleshooting, and the locators are part of the class. Took it in February, got a "certificate" yesterday.

sleeton
07-04-2008, 11:55 AM
He lives in Corpus. I'm contemplating a split retirement between Corpus and Bozeman, MT. Trade some 521 knowledge for a tour of the Corpus area was my thinking. Having said that the 521 is an experience thing. The more you use, the more potholing you do to see what the heck you are hearing, the more you learn. i rarely use the 521 for depth determination. We use our fault finder a lot. Best tool most irrigators don't have.

i would be up for that, i have no problem with that, just looking to be better and more precise with the equipment i have

scott

you can email me at sleeton@stx.rr.com

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-04-2008, 02:04 PM
i would be up for that, i have no problem with that, just looking to be better and more precise with the equipment i have

scott

you can email me at sleeton@stx.rr.com

I emailed you from my remote pigtail gmail account.