PDA

View Full Version : Need Help On finding Jobs

YardRenewal
07-03-2008, 01:05 AM
Hey, i have just started my Landscaping/hardscaping business. I have a few jobs here and their, but i need more what websites or ideas does anyone have._ Besides Creg's list. I live in Philadelphia, PA.

Thank you

Dave_005
07-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Hey, i have just started my Landscaping/hardscaping business. I have a few jobs here and their, but i need more what websites or ideas does anyone have._ Besides Creg's list. I live in Philadelphia, PA.

Thank you

Make some FLYERS and go through the neighborhood passing them out, I also have buisness cards in my insurance agents office for anyone who comes in there, if you're also doing commercial start making cold calls to every buisness in town that has a lawn or landscape area that needs maintaining ! then just do good work and word of mouth spreads

Dakota476
07-03-2008, 11:04 PM
I too just started out the most bang for the buck is door hangers IMO I used a company
online to get mine just did a search and picked one. then pick an area and start walking
and for petes sake return calls I have had many people tell me ..if someone would just call me back. and as always remember to SMILE

KevinACrider
07-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Most of my business comes from CraigsList, not only posting ads but answering ads in the Gigs section, Items Wanted & the occasional homeowner who posts a job under Skilled Trade or General Labor. Also, door tags work great for me.

An incentive for word of mouth is to offer discounts if customers can talk neighbors, friends or family into getting work done. I find this helps a lot when working in large developments.

The biggest thing is to get your name out there and create a good image for it. Then people will come to you. The biggest landscapers around don't advertise at all. It's all word of mouth and everyone goes to them. You need to create an image that people will recognize as being "thee" go to company for this kind of work. It also helps to plaster your logo everywhere. Trucks, trailers, equipment, yard signs, shirts, hats, letter heads, bills, flyers, everywhere.

Also advertise at local super markets. Make up a big advertisement with tear off miniature business cards.

Another thing I do is during the spring, summer and fall seasons I vinyl up my plows and set them in various locations that I serve.

One last thing is to do small charity jobs and make sure there is a big plaque or banner or something that says who did it. I have contact who owns land in a high traffic area. I installed a park bench, a few flowers, a very small retaining wall and some mulch. I also added a wood stand with my logo, very big. I did it all for free but it gets my name out there. The spot is along a road that leads to the police station, community park and several sports fields, which also happens to be home to our yearly carnival. Choose very high traffic areas like that and you're golden.

Good luck!

Baseballer1100
07-14-2008, 04:26 PM
What exactly is a cold call?

KevinACrider
07-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Cold calling is when you call somebody at random that has shown no interest in your services and you try to get them to buy something. It's not a good way of doing business.

ALC-GregH
07-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Cold calling is when you call somebody at random that has shown no interest in your services and you try to get them to buy something. It's not a good way of doing business.

I agree, I'd rather talk to them in person.

bohiaa
07-14-2008, 10:18 PM
Talk to everyone you see.......
and I mean everyone......

LAst week our electricy went out at about 10 PM. the Electric co showed up and there was a problem 4 doors down, I put my shoes on and went down there as others did.
while watching the electric guys do there thing I ended up with 3 contracts from neabors.

every situwation is an oppertuny, go to the supermarkett and ask the checkout girl.

Talk to everyone you see

MarkH45
07-15-2008, 02:21 PM
If you go to: http://phillymarketplace.livedeal.com It is the Philadelphia Inquirer website. You can post a 30-day classified ad online for only $9.95. They have other options also for in print and online advertising. But that is a pretty cheap price. Or there is the option of doorhangers: http://www.3000doorhangers.com.