PDA

View Full Version : Consistant Stripes every week question

JacksonLawns
07-03-2008, 08:19 AM
I have 15 residential accounts. I use a 36" Encore wb that stripes very nice. I run a different direction with the stripes every week. Last year I did a 3 week rotation (up/down, side to side, diagonal). This year I have cut it to a 2 week rotation (up/down and side to side). I am trying to get a more defined checkerboard look. With this rotation it is pretty simple to run the same stripes in each direction from week to week by starting along the driveway or sidewalk or property line. Some yards are shaped in a way that one or the other directions just isn't efficient and rotating a diagonal cut instead would be easier. ... Finally my question is how do you guys that do diagonals figure out a way to start on the same line each time you go diagonal? On some lawns I can still see the previous stripes and run the same lines but on some lawns the stripes aren't as defined. Last year I found that I was guessing each time I did diagonals which is another reason I stopped doing them this year.

Thanks guys!

flakebortch
07-03-2008, 08:37 AM
I try to avoid the checker board effect. I like to see this week's stripes, and that's it. So even though I do side to side, up down, diag, diag, the next time I do side to side I try not to do it exactly on the same angle and path of the previous time in order to avoid subtle ruts. Sorry, I know that this doesn't answer your question, but I thought I'd add my 2 pesos.

JacksonLawns
07-03-2008, 09:14 AM
that is a good point. I have one lawn that seems to hold moisture more than most lawns and I am running into that. I don't do the same stripes on it for that reason.