PDA

View Full Version : Early Spring

lawncare
01-10-2002, 01:44 PM
Anyone think we are going to have a early spring I for onr hope so gained 10pds and ready to kick some grazzz

E-man
01-10-2002, 02:29 PM
I hope so we have had only one good snow storm, and two saltable events. :( Im ready for spring myself.

Richard Martin
01-10-2002, 03:45 PM
Spring is still a long way off E-man. It's only the middle of January. Be patient and enjoy the vacation.

mklawnman
01-10-2002, 04:23 PM
I hope we have an early spring up here, but i have a feeling we wont, up in wisconsin that is. Yesturday it was in the 50's all our little snow we had is gone, all is left is brown/greenish grass with some of my patterns from last season still showing. I think we r going to pay for all this nice southern weather in Feb. and into March, with snow and cold weather.
But i am ready to cut right now if the grass would grow, for now its vaccation time until school starts again.

Hey "lawncare" maybe you should look into going to the YMCA to take your mind off of the outdoors, :D Just a suggestion

Matt (Lawnman)

lawncare
01-10-2002, 04:34 PM
To much like work down at the ymca

LAWNS AND MOWER
01-10-2002, 04:35 PM
Hey Lawncare I got you beat!!! I've put on 20 pds since Thanksgiving and still eating and drinking strong. Maybe I need to pick up some push yards this year and get this gut gone. NOT!!

LAWNS AND MOWER

mdb landscaping
01-10-2002, 06:24 PM
well, since winter has been non existent so far, i think its going to show up and kick us in the pants pretty soon. i think we will have a late spring. somebody the other day said the farmers almanac predicted a nor easter on april 14th. time will tell. i just want to mow or plow. if snow comes great, if warmth comes, great too. winter makes me too lazy.

Guardian
01-10-2002, 07:58 PM
71 degrees today in PENSACOLA, FL!!!

It was up to 65 yesterday. We almost feel cheated. I want as much time off as the rest of ya!

stslawncare
01-10-2002, 09:49 PM
i am not ready for spring at all, i havent shoveled anything yet! winter isnt winter with atleast one good storm, this year since i got customers i want two good storms. but with my luck we wont have any!

keifer
01-10-2002, 09:53 PM
Lawncare we have not had a winter in a long time not that i like winter but it would help on the bugs. We got some snow the other day but heard yall got more than us.

ohiolawnguy
01-11-2002, 09:52 AM
somebody the other day said the farmers almanac predicted a nor easter on april 14th.

If i recall correctly about this story, told by my grandfather who was told by his grandfather etc..(you get the idea) The first year of publication of the farmers almanac they predicted a snowstorm in the middle of june or july in north dakota i think.(or at least that area)

they had printed that, and it was intended to be a joke. anyways, it ACTUALLY DID SNOW during the time fram specified. So, as a result, people began to believe the farmers almanac as the bible for farmers.

now this is a story that was passed down in my family. i cant prove or disprove it. its just a story.

MATTHEW
01-11-2002, 07:26 PM
Don't know when it will start, but it might be a wet one for us. I heard on NPR that the pacific is warming again.

Atlantic Lawn
01-11-2002, 08:42 PM
We have Dandilions growin' here already...

65hoss
01-11-2002, 09:44 PM
I agree with Richard. Enjoy the time off. Its too early to have spring fever. That is Feb. You can do all kinds of planning this time of year.

jason2
01-11-2002, 11:55 PM
ohio,

I used to farm in ND. I grew up there and I have seen snow in June. Beginning of June '98 I was seeding crambe while it was snowing. It was wet heavy stuff that melted off by afternoon.

By the way crambe is a oilseed used in industry. '98 was my last year farming. Had an auction in '99 and moved to WA.

ohiolawnguy
01-13-2002, 03:48 AM
jason2, now i know from someone besides family members. :)

And thans for clarifying what crambe is. i didnt have a clue, and would have asked you, if you hadnt said.