PDA

View Full Version : Rookie in Hawaii needs help

keoki
07-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Aloha All,
I've been a lurking admirer of all your outstanding lighting features for some time now. I made the decision to take the plunge and upgrade my Home Depot "system" to replicate some of your mastery of lighting. Problem is...I have NO clue as to what kind of equipment (transformers,lighting...) I need to purchase. Being that water is in play, I want to get equipment which is SAFE and reliable. Hopefully the attached pictures will aid in your input.

Thanking you all in advance.

Aloha.

KCfireman
07-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Talk to JoeyD. He is a sponsor on here and im pretty sure his company is a landscaping lighting company. From seeing some of his pics his work is incredible.

keoki
07-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Aloha,
After posting this thread, I stumbled upon the "Do-it-yourselfers" please read thread. I have the utmost respect for you tradesman/professionals. I work daily with various trades in Hawaii so totally understand all your concerns.
I intend to hire a licensed electrician to do my install. In Hawaii there aren't many (if any) landscapers who will do a lighting only job.
I intend to buy the equipment online from a recommended source provided by this forum. I will do my due diligence in shopping as most of you would. If I offended anyone by my thread (or if I am out of place)...my apologies.

Mahalo,
Keoki

irrig8r
07-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Hi Keoki.

You might contact Whitney Benedict at Beachside Lighting there in Honolulu for a contractor recommendation. 1-800-405-6732. www.beachsidelighting.com

You might also look into fiber optics for your pool waterfall, as there will be no danger from heat or electricity at or near the water that way.

keoki
07-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Thank you Greg for the lead. I will follow up.

mahalo,
Keoki

David Gretzmier
07-04-2008, 01:16 AM
I'm happy to do a professional installation for you If you'll cover cost of material, travel, and hotel and food ! My wife has agreed to sacrifice herself to come and help with the install. If not, I hope the electrician does good work. be ready for lots of j-boxes and a convincing lecture on how high voltage would be better.

Stick with a good name brand multi tap transformer that is oversized for the job, ( FX is my favorite ), and good name brand lights- lots of those out there, nightscaping, FX, etc. check other threads for others' favorites.

good luck.

Visited hawaii 2 years back, 2 weeks of heaven.

aloha !

keoki
07-04-2008, 01:42 AM
Mahalo Kawika (David) for the offer and heads up advice!

Take care and Alooooha!

irrig8r
07-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Heck, I'll match David's offer if you throw in a Kamaka ukelele and a guided tour of the LOST shooting locations... :)

keoki
07-05-2008, 01:17 AM
you guys are killin me! crackin me up. Kamaka Uke ? If I could afford one myself I'd have one!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
07-05-2008, 02:40 AM
I will make you an even better deal... I will come out, design and install your lighting system in return for flights and accomodating myself, my wife and two children! \

I figure a full week sometime in February 2009 will do the trick. :)

Send me an email to firm up all the details!

JoeyD
07-07-2008, 12:18 PM
George...I got your email....I will respond there!

Thanks for the kind words KCFireman09!

NiteTymeIlluminations
07-10-2008, 10:02 PM
beachside makes probably some of the best lights ever but i cannot afford it due to the shipping etc...when is someone going to knock off their spot light??? I'd use their stuff if they werent importing metal then making the products at high costs then shipping back to the states....or are they made somewhere else...they email me daily!!!! I need to talk with the guy who keeps emailing me. he really wants to get a hold of me.