PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Remote Control

sleeton
07-04-2008, 12:14 PM
is anyone using the hunter remote control to run controllers, the icr, i have been thinking about buying one but want some feedback before i drop the money

scott

Kiril
07-04-2008, 01:08 PM
DUCKS AND RUNS FROM ML AND PH

TPendagast
07-04-2008, 01:12 PM
works great!! I changed half of grand junction colorado over to the ICR....good investment, easy to install works perfect

CAPT Stream Rotar
07-04-2008, 04:08 PM
works great!! I changed half of grand junction colorado over to the ICR....good investment, easy to install works perfect

ditto...i bought the cheap one just to try out before buying the biggie.

im excited

Wet_Boots
07-04-2008, 06:06 PM

im excitedTwo tips on getting a bit more range with the SRR when cement or brick is getting in the way - hold the transmitter high in the air, and try a different orientation (like a TV antenna)

One more truck is to touch the transmitter to your chin (like it was an electric razor) to increase range.

If the radio signals fry your brain....... Well, how would we tell? :p

BrandonV
07-04-2008, 06:47 PM

im excited

didn't you use mine? the big one works great, we (as rotor will attest) have some HUGE accounts that the remote has been a life saver.

CAPT Stream Rotar
07-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Two tips on getting a bit more range with the SRR when cement or brick is getting in the way - hold the transmitter high in the air, and try a different orientation (like a TV antenna)

One more truck is to touch the transmitter to your chin (like it was an electric razor) to increase range.

If the radio signals fry your brain....... Well, how would we tell? :p

haha!

any other tricks you care to bestow on me?

I was thinking about jumping a few sensor ports to a basement window if range became an issue...Think that would work?

Wet_Boots
07-04-2008, 06:56 PM
haha!

any other tricks you care to bestow on me?

I was thinking about jumping a few sensor ports to a basement window if range became an issue...Think that would work?The general idea is to have the controller mounted against an exterior wall, and have the connector outside. They do make a special shielded extension cable, for more controller-mounting optons.

CAPT Stream Rotar
07-04-2008, 07:06 PM
The general idea is to have the controller mounted against an exterior wall, and have the connector outside. They do make a special shielded extension cable, for more controller-mounting optons.

Fantastic...so my idea of juming 2 sensor wires together and placing out a window would work in theory?

you ever done that before, where there was a very large basement with few windows?

Wet_Boots
07-04-2008, 07:25 PM
If you extend the standard cable, the wire picks up enough "stray emf" to produce an error message. Rules of the FCC game, that they can't alter the circuitry to prevent that. You have to look at the existing installations, and see how you'll make them remote-friendly.

CAPT Stream Rotar
07-04-2008, 07:28 PM
If you extend the standard cable, the wire picks up enough "stray emf" to produce an error message. Rules of the FCC game, that they can't alter the circuitry to prevent that. You have to look at the existing installations, and see how you'll make them remote-friendly.

hmmmmmmm

so no jumping cables...boo.

Wet_Boots
07-04-2008, 07:32 PM
You can price the special extension cable they sell. I never bought one, since I place them against exterior walls.

Mike Leary
07-05-2008, 10:32 AM
DUCKS AND RUNS FROM ML AND PH

Had a chance to use one the other day...still not even close to Rain Master.

Wet_Boots
07-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Had a chance to use one the other day...still not even close to Rain Master.I think we should all crank up the RainMaster remotes and have a controller war.

Mike Leary
07-05-2008, 10:48 AM
I think we should all crank up the RainMaster remotes and have a controller war.

At one mile, turn and fire.

Waterit
07-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Someone gave me a RainBird "RemoteBird" today - is this the same thing as the RM's y'all crow about?

irrig8r
07-05-2008, 05:45 PM
http://www.wimp.com/remotebird/

AI Inc
07-07-2008, 06:54 AM
They work great. All we use now are Hunter controllers and we love the remotes. Comes with a 5 yr warrenty and if your supply house treats you good they will swap em out for you when they are 4 yrs old. So basicaly a lifetime warrenty.