PDA

View Full Version : Start Up

lsu03
07-04-2008, 03:14 PM
hey guys. this doesn't sound like a great time to start but i want to AGAIN start cutting a few lawns in my subdivision after serveral months of getting NO'S from my parents (16y/o). i already have a flyer made if y'all can give suggestions.

KYBASSER
07-04-2008, 09:19 PM
I really hate to say it but the reality of your situation is that if you are at home and living under your parents roof you are subject to obeying their rules. They really dont have to give you a reason because their yes's and no's should should not be questioned with an argument or a debate. But at the same time im wondering why a parent would tell a 16 year old not to work if he or she wanted to work.

lsu03
07-04-2008, 09:28 PM
sorry that i didn't make myself clear. i haven't asked in a few months but we just got a new mower and weedeater(both semi-commercial) and will ask after our vacation this week. also, i work for my dad on our family farm.

lsu03
07-05-2008, 10:44 PM

Green Team Landscaping
07-05-2008, 10:47 PM
looks good. what kind of equipment do you have

lsu03
07-05-2008, 11:24 PM
my dad has a JD z425, echo 230, cheap electric edger and blower. he will let me use it i am almost sure and i will offer to pay for all gas, trimmer line, and oil mix.

freshprince94
07-06-2008, 07:12 PM
my dad has a JD z425, echo 230, cheap electric edger and blower. he will let me use it i am almost sure and i will offer to pay for all gas, trimmer line, and oil mix.

Get a commercial edger than you're good to go.

dura to the max
07-07-2008, 12:16 AM
Get a commercial edger than you're good to go.

just learn to use the trimmer to edge w/. a drive can be edged just as well w/ a trimmer if you have the patience and determination. why spend $300 right off the bat for an edger when the trimmer you have is adequate. yes, edgers are great and faster imo for the bigger companies, but just cutting a few in the neighborhood i think the trimmer should be fine. not trying to down you at all, i too started young, but that $300 on an edger is a lot for a start-up. dont waste time w/ the electric, learn how to edge w/ the trimmer.

MileHigh
07-07-2008, 12:19 AM
hey guys. this doesn't sound like a great time to start but i want to AGAIN start cutting a few lawns in my subdivision after serveral months of getting NO'S from my parents (16y/o). i already have a flyer made if y'all can give suggestions.

Screw your parents.