PDA

View Full Version : How do I figure out rates to charge

danspropertymain.
07-04-2008, 06:57 PM
I am getting back nin the business after being downsised from my job. How do I set my rates for cutting and snowplowing.... Any help is appreciated....

MowHouston
07-05-2008, 12:02 AM
I am getting back nin the business after being downsised from my job. How do I set my rates for cutting and snowplowing.... Any help is appreciated....

The best thing to do is to check out other guys in your area and see what their rates are. Sometimes these are publicly advertised and you can base it off of that.

If you have done the business before, you should adjust your rates to what you think your time is worth, however, dont overprice your services.

Then again, once you figure out what your rates are in your area, dont lowball just to get customers. At least do your services for the same rates.

Good luck.

bohiaa
07-05-2008, 10:19 AM
Get your insurance, all the licenses you need, " if any" figure out how much fuel and such is in your area, how long it takes YOU to do a job, how much you spend in upkeep of the euiptment, how much storage cost ya,

figure up all your Expensies, and BASE, a price on that....

Dont simply go and ask someone how much they charge,

NOT all Co's can do a job for the same price.

danspropertymain.
07-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the help so far...Will be checking the prices and figuring out the cost of doing businessand basing it on that......Will also be doing snowplowing in the winter....Any recommendations on plowing equiptment....??????

danspropertymain.
07-05-2008, 03:49 PM
The name of the company by the way is : Low Country Property Maintenance,LLC.
Son and I were going to start business before he passed away in August of 2007. Now I am starting it August 1 in memory of him......Again thanks for the help so far......