PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Pro series skimmers????

Toker
07-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Anyone here using these new models? How about the old style? Worth 2x the old style? Pros and cons, good or bad, highs and lows...... you get my questions:laugh:
I know they have some extra bells and whistles but them things worth the 2x?

Atlantic Water Gardens Pro Series PS4900 Skimmer

Thanks

Venturewest
07-05-2008, 11:43 PM
I have never personally installed the Atlantic. I have heard some contractors don't like the brush system because when you pull them out of the skimmer, all the gunk falls right back in. A friend of mine takes care of 20+ show ponds every week and he likes the savio skimmer better.

I personally really like the Savio skimmer. It is even another $ above the one you like but it is sure built well. In my opinion the skimmer is not a significant cost when you consider the whole cost of the project. Especially the labor involved in a pond.

TRBIGCREEK
07-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Toker,

The Atlantic skimmers are very good and fairly priced, both retail and pro series. My preferences are Atlantic and Savio. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

TR

Toker
07-07-2008, 12:02 PM
:clapping:
Thanks guys - I'll try the Atlantic on one and the Savio (more margin to play with on 2nd job) and get a feel for them.
Just did not want to end up with something that I'd ***** about from day 1 and regret ever installing.

Thanks again