PDA

View Full Version : New Banner

The Lighting Geek
07-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Here is my new banner I am using athome shows etc.

Lite4
07-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Nice banner Tommy, What is the "Buy and recycle renewable energy sources" all about?

The Lighting Geek
07-05-2008, 08:42 PM
the final banner was changed to: 'We promote renewable energy sources'
I supply Green Tags to each customer to help offset their power consumption with green energy. 1 tag is equal to the power used by a typical family for a month. We then encourage the client to keep purchasing green tags monthly to help support the development and maintenance of renewable energy. It is a positive way to offset the energy used by the lighting systems I install. I see it as 1 tag covers the whole year's energy used by my system. I am the first person in the country that I am aware of to use green tags in this fashion.

Geekism #4

LOL!

Lite4
07-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Frankly, I have never heard of these "green" tags. Must be a California thing. We are just a bunch of gun toten rednecks here I guess. "Lets go cut down some trees!!!" YEEEEHAAAWWWW

TXNSLighting
07-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Nice banner! i like it.

David Gretzmier
07-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Green tags? never heard of them. If it is important in California, go for it. Unfortunately, the clients I work with, they would laugh at me for talking about energy conservation. It is WAY more important to them to get rid of the dark corners for bad guys and make thier house look great than offsetting their carbon footprint. "Battling the forces of Darkness" ? love that. I'm stealing that line for something. Love the way your font looks. This whole image you have created, the uniforms, the graphics, the name, is on the verge of franchise opportunity.

The Lighting Geek
07-05-2008, 11:10 PM
I do the green tags just to demonstrate an energy awareness, no different than being dark sky friendly. In CA it is a big concern because we have rolling blackouts in the summer where your power will go out an hour or more during peak usage.

Lite4
07-06-2008, 01:38 AM
No doubt it is important in your neck of the woods Tommy, more power to ya! I concur with David about the phrase. You are definitely franchise potential my friend. Now you just need your own line of fixtures. You could put like a batman geek symbol on all of them. I still think you should drive around in a SWAT van with that catch phrase plastered on it. Put a light bar on top and a ghostbusters siren. That would be freakin cool!! No doubt you are the king of branding. I have taken many ideas and inspiration from you. I just hope my branding starts paying off before I go broke doing it, know what I mean?

David Gretzmier
07-06-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to convince my guys to wear that outfit. Aren't they hot? I can see it in the late fall, winter, and spring here, but man, isn't it warm or hot all the time in California?

Let's see, what were the seasons in California again? Summer, Rain, Fire and Mud?

Lite4
07-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Let's see, what were the seasons in California again? Summer, Rain, Fire and Mud?

man, aint that the truth.

irrig8r
07-06-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to convince my guys to wear that outfit. Aren't they hot? I can see it in the late fall, winter, and spring here, but man, isn't it warm or hot all the time in California?

You forgot earthquake season...

http://www.cisn.org/

David Gretzmier
07-06-2008, 05:31 PM
Has Earthquake replaced rain? I mean, without rain, there can be no mud, but then, since rain seems so innocent...I could go with that.

The Lighting Geek
07-06-2008, 08:32 PM
It's Summer, rain or lack there of, shake and bake.

JoeyD
07-07-2008, 11:12 AM
great banner Tommy!!

Pro-Scapes
07-07-2008, 01:45 PM

I spent a couple of days with the Geek in Vegas at lightfair. His outfit turns heads thats for sure. We walk into breakfast and people act like the ghostbusters just walked in.

I dont think his uniforms would last 2 min in the southeast David.