PDA

View Full Version : Best bagging 21" commercial mower

JaysLawns
07-06-2008, 12:23 AM
Hey guys Ive been running toro 21" proline commercial mowers for a few years but I dont think they bag the best thats all I do. They are very heavy duty and reliable but I am looking for the best bagging cut 21" commercial mower. Im looking into getting a 21" Snapper Hi Vac commercial mower. I hear they bag very well. Can I get some feedback on this mower? It is worth the money or not? Thanks.

JJ

Roger
07-06-2008, 08:16 AM
I have a Toro ProLine 21" mower, a few years old, with a 5.5hp Sizuki engine. I also have a LawnBoy, staggered wheel model, with a side bagger. Sometimes we run them side-by-side. No question, the LawnBoy with the side bagger is the better bagging mower of the two. The LB models are no longer available (Toro took them off the market, using up their emission credits from EPA). The LB is a terrible piece of equipment in many respects, but does a great job of mowing and bagging. The Toro is a great piece of equipment, but does a average job of bagging.

I have improved the quality of bagging on the my Toro. The kicker plates are gone. I have installed a high-lift blade. And, I use a bungee cord on the door lever to hold it back as far as it will go. The cord takes up some slack in the fitting, so that the door will be pulled up tight against the top of the discharge chute. This little difference helped minimize the clogging of debris in the chute. The high-lift blade improved the quality of cut, over against a standard OEM blade.

MowHouston
07-06-2008, 12:10 PM
I would look more as to what commercial mower has the best cut or something of that nature.

You shouldn't really be bagging that much to really worry about which one bags the best to be honest.

As far as your question goes, I don't really have input because I only have one customer that requests bagging. And my spring cleanups work just fine with a first time bagging and such.

deere615
07-06-2008, 12:39 PM
Honda mowers are really good baggers, I have 3

Exact Rototilling
07-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Toro now makes a commercial Hi-Vac bagger with the Kawi 6hp engine.

I have an Ariens 21" with the Kawi 6 that is an excellent bagger. Not exactly a commercial mower but better than the vast majority of consumer grade mowers.