PDA

View Full Version : What are Your Expectations on the Web?

turfquip
01-11-2002, 08:25 AM
No one should assume that making the effort to 'own' a web site will affect their companies in a net positive way.

A poorly designed, maintained or executed web site can make you look like a goof. Lots of sites are more sizzle than steak , with silly java scripts that follow you around the page, etc. One should remember that a lot of copy and paste java off 'free' java sites have bugs that can sometimes lock up a web browser. Bummer!

Unnecessary and unexpected 'noise' can be a distraction and can have a downer effect on the visitor's experience.

Feedback?

SprinklerGuy
01-11-2002, 08:31 AM
I want my website to be a place to send prospective clients to see what we are about. I want it to be a place for existing clients to get answers if they need them. I reallywant to be able to have my clients go to my site and see my schedule and plug themselves into an open 4 hour window on an open day, saving my left ear from becoming cauliflower ear!!!

Strider
01-11-2002, 02:36 PM
Excellent topic, I think the most important thing any business can do is clearly define what they expect their web presence to accomplish. Too many people through up a site because they think they are supposed to with little or no expectations. Their is no real focus to the site and the owner of the site usually becomes frustrated with it's performance.

tpirobert
01-11-2002, 10:44 PM
When I get a website up I expect it to accurately and favorably represent my business. I want it to inform/educate as well as have a "call to action" for potential customers. I would like the site to be inviting, interesting and easy to navigate. Can I create this? That's my goal.

Fantasy Lawns
01-12-2002, 06:50 PM
I can't stand those little java scripts that follow the mouse

cos
01-12-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by theleven
I can't stand those little java scripts that follow the mouse

You aren't alone. :(