PDA

View Full Version : What is the best zero turn mower for grass cutting..?

danspropertymain.
07-06-2008, 06:43 PM
In the process of buying my equiptment for cutting lawns and would like to know which zero turn mower you would recommend....? Also buying a plow for winter what are your recommendations....? Thanks for the help.

freshprince94
07-06-2008, 07:10 PM
In my opinion:

Best=eXmark
Better=John Deere, Hustler, Gravely, Dixie Chopper, Scag
Good=Bad Boy, Bunton, Bobcat
Bad=Dixon
Badder=Pre-08 Triton decks
Baddest=MTD

metro36
07-06-2008, 08:12 PM
In my opinion:

Best=eXmark
Better=John Deere, Hustler, Gravely, Dixie Chopper, Scag
Good=Bad Boy, Bunton, Bobcat
Bad=Dixon
Badder=Pre-08 Triton decks
Baddest=MTD

There is nothing worng with the mtd equipment. They are good hard working machines. MTD machines are cub cadet's and they used to make them for lesco.

In my opinion Toro is the best. Then probably Scag and Exmark.

Fresh Prince you left out quite a few good mower brands. Wright, Toro, Encore, Yazoo/ Kees, Great Dane.

Green Team Landscaping
07-06-2008, 08:25 PM
you're gonna gte a;ll kinds of answers from people, but you cant go wrong with either scag(turf tiger), exmark(lazer z), or even john deere(if you've got the $, and if you buy it from a dealership not home depot). imo those are the mowers to buy, and they're all great. i cant say anything about hustler or even wright since i've never seen one in person, and i may only be 14, but i've spent many hours mowing and researching. plowing on the other hand, i couldnt tell you one from another, aslong as you've got a 2500 or bigger engine, you'll be fine. (imo ford seems to hold up to the elements the best)

danspropertymain.
07-06-2008, 09:01 PM
I have a36" howard price walk behind and A cub cadet 2155 42 " mower was replacing the cub cadet. Was thinking either a exmark lazer or a toro zero turn....?

bohiaa
07-06-2008, 09:32 PM
your really opening up a can of worms here....

for myself, I researched for quite some time before purching 2 Exmark ZTR'S

the deciding factor was Dealer location. I have two close by and they now fight for my business

DJ Contracting
07-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Well this is certainly a newbie ?. Demo as many as you can and buy what fits your budget and cuts the best for you, man this is going to be another (imo thread) :hammerhead: Also do a search. :dizzy:

MileHigh
07-07-2008, 12:09 AM
Exmark, Scag, Hustler, Toro, Wright....there all good depending on what kind of grass you'll be cuttin.

For the plow...there is way to many factors to come into play. truck, plow size, dealer... Biggest deal is to go with a good dealer and go with one of there plows they offer. The best plow brands are: Western, Fisher, Boss, Sno-Way, Hiniker, Meyer, preferebly Fisher and Sno-Way.

dura to the max
07-07-2008, 12:21 AM
same as the others, exmark, toro, scag, are great riders and w/b. gravely, jd, dc, wright, all have good stuff too. imo it comes down to dealer support, a good dealer that stands behind his stuff is crucial in this business. MOST commercial z's are built to the same industry standard w/ many parts being used from one to another. ive had toro, exmark, scag, jd and gotten my $$$ worth out of each one, i now use exmark/toro b/c of the loal dealers.

milkie62
07-07-2008, 01:58 AM
I am very happy with my IS3000 Ferris.I cut at a pretty good speed and do not notice a bad cut like some guys state.I bag about 50% of my properties.For snowplows I rhave run the same Western cable operated unit for 18 years and just retired it.All I would do is clean it out every year and put new O-rings at the cable ends and new gaskets at the covers.Never had a lick of problems with it.Ran anywhere from 55-65 driveways per year.Some commercial in the beginning when I was subbed out.

bakerc8
07-07-2008, 08:24 AM
FISHER PLOW and scag tiger cat

myrtle12
07-07-2008, 10:45 AM
Built like a tank.Cuts fast ,and has a suspension

dura to the max
07-07-2008, 05:23 PM
just bought a used toro 52" Zmaster today. not many hours yet but pleased so far.