PDA

View Full Version : Starting in Tennessee?

mjealey
07-07-2008, 01:59 AM
Alright guys, I have called local government and I keep getting several different awnsers. Here are my questions:

1. In tennessee do you have to get a federal tax ID#?

2. In the Knoxville area who else do you have to register your business? Some people have told me that I do not need a license if I a just going to be mowing. Is this true?

Anybody from Tennessee please help me!

marthanmike1959
07-07-2008, 04:30 AM
I was going to work part time in Cookeville Tn i injured my back so i will have to put off for awhile.I checked with local goverment here and i would have to get city and county license .Tax id i dont know didnt get that far this year.

brianhanson37
07-07-2008, 04:40 AM
I'm pretty sure if your just a sole-proprietor, your able to use your SSN as your Tax ID but it looks more business like if you have one. I have been wrong before though.

Wayne's Lawn Service
07-08-2008, 11:33 AM
The only sure thing about gov't. is that you will get a different answer every time you call.

I think you would be find it beneficial to call a CPA firm and ask them what would be required for your local area and state requirements from a reporting standpoint. They will be able to help you get started.

If you want any help with bidding, contracts, marketing templates, etc. check out my web site at www.profitsareus.com. We have many different manuals and Cd's that will help you with your business.

Good luck.