PDA

View Full Version : bidding LDS church properties

jizon
07-07-2008, 12:50 PM
does any body know anything about bidding on churches in utah? (how much, when, etc, anything that would help)

myrtle12
07-07-2008, 02:50 PM
say a short prayer and give them your price tag.

mowerbrad
07-07-2008, 05:48 PM
It should just be like bidding on any other commercial account unless it is different in your area. You would have to meet with the person incharge of hiring lawn companies for the church to get an idea of what they want done, when, how often, etc.

txgrassguy
07-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Do the LDS churches pay in money or extra wives?

dishboy
07-07-2008, 07:10 PM
If your not sporting Morman underwear thats a tough sell.

DBL
07-07-2008, 07:22 PM
it doesnt matter if its a church pet store or a house each property is different so there are no exact numbers to give to everyone

LawnTamer
07-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Because the church doesn't have paid clergy, things like building maintenance are taken care of by a FM or facilities management group. Most FM groups oversee 15-20 properties, churches seminary bldgs etc. Typically the FM group will take bids from 3 or 4 qualified companies. Usually the FM group contacts the companies, based on reputation. Church membership isn't really taken into consideration. The contract will go to the lowest of the 3 or 4 qualified bids.
Most FM groups want one company to do everything property maintenance wise; Mow, sprinklers, beds, prune, snow removal etc.

jizon
07-08-2008, 01:18 AM
I was wondering if you knew what time of year they take bids and if you have to bid each property individually or as a whole. I would really appreciate any info you know about the bidding process.

Wayne's Lawn Service
07-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Bidding is all relevant to your company's cost per hour of operation. None of us can tell you what to bid the job at from a pricing standpoint because all of our use rates and overhead are different.

Calculate your cost per hour of operation for your company and then establish your minimum price per hour. If you need help with that, visit our web site at www.profitsareus.com Look for our Bidding & Contracts manual and our Know why You charge what you charge CD. If you use these two items, you will NEVER undersell your service again.

Being a full service lawn & landscape business for thirty years, I made those same mistakes before utilizing this method for pricing my jobs. Good Luck and let me know if I can help.

Wayne's Lawn Service
07-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Our material is being utilized by lawn & landscape contractors throughout the United States & Canada.

With Fuel prices going crazy and the general economy issues in many areas uncertain, all of us are taking a closer look at our businesses. Having a complete understanding of your actual break-even cost per hour is critical. We don't tell you what to charge, our material calculates your break-even point per hour and then you can charge what your market will bear.

The volume of work doesn't matter if the price isn't right

bohiaa
07-08-2008, 09:32 PM
If your Not used to bidding something this large..... BREAK it down to lawns that your used too.....

Like if it's 1 acer and your uned to doing 1/4 acer lawns... then go 4 times that....

Of corse there are variables like hills, ditches, and such, But this formula will help ya a bit, if your totaly lost

Good Luck