PDA

View Full Version : Submitting the Bid

Integrity
01-11-2002, 06:53 PM
Curious as to how much most of you charge to cut, per acre. I am bidding a on a large property, about 10 acres. There are no beds, very few trees. There are duplex housing units on the property, about 80 of them, yes eighty, that need trimming done around them. Walkways edged and blown. Ground is very level and, with the exception of the duplex units, cutting is wide open.:dizzy:

King City Lawns
01-11-2002, 07:22 PM
Time??? I do all bids based on time and difficulty. Try to decide how long and just make certain to get your normal rate. If you get out bid with your normal rate, so be it, you should only want to take profitable jobs.

Green Care
01-11-2002, 09:43 PM
You might want to hit the search to find more info.

Guardian
01-12-2002, 12:30 AM
Your profile says you've been in business for 3 years -
You should know how long it will take you service this place, so charge between $25-30/hour per man.

Is this for an annual contract? If so, have they given you a "scope"?

Integrity
01-12-2002, 12:47 PM
I have been in the business for three years, but never bid on anything quite this size. I was planning on bidding by the man/hour, so thanks for the confirmation. I am going to use three people with two 60" mowers, possibly four. Contract does not start until April, so I've got some time. I was thinking that most of the guys that did very large properties had a pretty much standard rate per acre. I guess I was wrong.

It is an annual contract and the scope of work is very simple. Nothing more than I would do at a normal residential property.