PDA

View Full Version : Another Noob

husk1295
07-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Hey guys been looking at this site for about a month and all i can say is WOW, i never knew something like this was around. Well just like anyone starting out i have a boat load a questions, i want to get started next spring but figure now is the best time to start perparing. First of a list of questions, i would like to get some opinons on Dixie Choppers, Stihl KM 130, and what would be the ideal amount of yards for someone looking to do this as a second income. I plan on giving it my all, i really enjoy this type of thing and the money sounds right, so i want to get involved. Please give me all/any advice possible. Thanks guys for being patiant with all the new guys here.

Good luck
Mike

mowerbrad
07-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Stihl is a very well known brand and has a very good reputation. I like my current stihl equipment and all my previous ones as well. As for dixie choppers go I hardly see any around. I saw my first two in my area the other week, but they were for sale and not working. Your best bet for any equipment purchase would be from a nearby, reliable dealer. Working solo I can do 1 lawn in about 25min (average 5000 sq ft lawns). Once you add in drive time I can get about 2 lawns done in an hour, but if I do the smaller lawns I can get 3 done in an hour. So if you did 20 lawns you would have about 1 full day of mowing. I know you think the "money sounds right" but you will be getting into this during a time when people are trying to cut back on some things to save money and lawn services is many times things that people choose to get rid of. Try and get some clean-up jobs at the end of the season to try and get your name out there so you could potentially get a few accounts for the following year. Good luck!

dura to the max
07-08-2008, 12:03 AM
what he said^^^ i had a dc and wasnt overly impressed w/ it. i love my stihls though

husk1295
07-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks so much guys.

NOOB
07-08-2008, 05:38 PM
cant be anouther NOOB thats me :)
anyways welcome to the forum enjoy all the info on here

dura to the max
07-08-2008, 05:43 PM
we have another NOOB daily, wgats ur point?^^^^^

BarrFarms
07-08-2008, 06:05 PM
I run 2 stihl km 110 r's. They handle edgers, trimmers, and blowers well. Save $60? The 110 is plenty big enough.