PDA

View Full Version : multi tools

andyslawns
01-11-2002, 10:53 PM
I was wanting to know if anybody out there has used like a multi tool, you know where you can go from a edger to a trimmer to a cultivator etc. etc. If so what brands are you using?

I think that one of these would be pretty handy. Gotta run!!!

Green Care
01-11-2002, 11:17 PM
This is a echo

tpirobert
01-11-2002, 11:18 PM
I have a Sthil straight shaft trimmer that has interchangeable heads. I have 12" chain saw, articulating double sided clippers, string trimmer and brush blade. Whole package cost $600 new. This unit is very handy. I'm not a big Sthil fan, but it works for me. I used the articulating clippers to "deadhead" some flowers today. No bending over and much faster than snips. Check out other brands. There are many out there.

Ray&Christine
01-11-2002, 11:39 PM
We have a echo srm2400sb with a line trimmer and a long reach hedge trimming attachment. The hedge trimmer works great. I dont know how we got by without it. Had it about 3 years now with no problems. If the Toronto blower ban comes into effect maybe i will get the power broom attachment for it if they don't fine me for using it instead of a blower.

Ray

scagman
01-12-2002, 04:20 AM
I have a ryobi with a add on blower, better than a BR 400 in my opinion. I have the add on edger wow some torqe!!! I plan to get all the others as soon as they go on clearance huh huh huh huh!!

ohiolawnguy
01-13-2002, 02:14 AM
id go with the echo. they got the 2000 power equipment award for their interchangable unit. we have a husqvarna that is a weedeater, and edger combiation, but i wouldnt suggest that anyone buy it.

Our husky combo is now sitting on a shelf gathering dust because the shaft always breaks when edging with it. we have replaced the shaft 5 or 6 times now at $45 dollars each time. im pondering givig it back to them at EXPO this year. husqvarna promisd to do something about it, but never did.

mdb landscaping
01-13-2002, 08:17 AM
i have the echo srm split shaft trimmer. 26 cc. i have the line trimmer attachment, edger attachment, rotary broom, and brush cutter attachment. man do they all work awesome. the broom is especially great for getting the winter sand off the lawns. since im a solo operator and cant really see the need for a full size broom, or ad a brushcutter, this thing works really good.

Sammy
01-13-2002, 03:42 PM
Stihl FS-85 :D

joed
01-13-2002, 06:34 PM
Shindaiwa has come out with a multi-tool package. It come swith the T230 power unit, same as their trimmer and has these attachments: trimmer head, power broom, articulating hedge trimmer, power pruner, edger. It seems very good. Don't know about the pricing but I would imagine it's similar to Stihl and Echo. Check it out at :www.shindaiwa.com (http://www.shindaiwa.com) Use the link multi tool carrier to get there.

deason
01-13-2002, 10:54 PM
Scagman wrote - [/I]

. I have the add on edger wow some torqe!!!

Scagman, watch out for the ryobi. I had the same thing at the first of the year last year. I purchased the edger attachment and about 2 weeks later broke the shaft. Replaced the shaft and broke it again after another 2 weeks. Drove to the nearest dumpster I saw and tried to knock a hole in the inside of the dumpster with the trimmer.

Then I drove straight to the store and picked up an Echo Trimmer and stick edger.

The only drawback that I see to a multi tool is that if the power unit fails, all of your hand held equipment is down with it. :rolleyes:

scagman
01-14-2002, 12:50 AM
I probably should of made it a little more clear that I was joking. Ive used a ryobi trimmer before man what a piece of garbage I guess I was just slamming ryobi.