PDA

View Full Version : Weekend fun

deere615
07-07-2008, 11:52 PM
So this weekend my nieghbor up my camp had to do a small roofing job and the guy that owns this building gave him keys to his equipment. My friends went to work... I just went to drive some equipment. It was really fun because it was my first real time driving a skid steer. The guy had a new holland skid steer, a clark fork lift, and a Kubota Bx24(which I had always wanted to try, but the engine just didn't seem to be running right). It was alot of fun and we are probably going back to finish the job next weekend. I took some pics:
clark forklift-I got to practice alot moving pallets in the warehouse
don't try this at home:hammerhead:
Kubota fun!
my friend cut some high grass in the back when the kubota overheated, I had cut some grass in the front and striped it real nice, but forgot to take a pic

deere615
07-07-2008, 11:56 PM
New Holland skid steer:
loading shingles in bucket
I put a lift kit on my truck:dizzy:
The guy had a really nice warehouse, it is actually for sale on ebay I think

Junior M
07-08-2008, 12:00 AM
hows the skidsteer?

just wondering cuz i have to run a new holland ls185 to grade for a new landscape job next week and i am afraid it will either be junk or just hard to run........

02DURAMAX
07-08-2008, 12:27 AM
You sure don't know how to take care of equipment...I would never do that to some one that let me use there equipment.

PlatinumLandCon
07-08-2008, 06:58 AM
Wow... you're dumber than a bag if hammers. nice work :hammerhead:

kreft
07-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Wow you guys are idoits, the guy asked you to do a job and you just jerked of with his equipment.

How about some pics of the job?

dura to the max
07-08-2008, 03:24 PM
hows the skidsteer?

just wondering cuz i have to run a new holland ls185 to grade for a new landscape job next week and i am afraid it will either be junk or just hard to run........

i really like the new holand skid steers. great machines

Junior M
07-08-2008, 03:28 PM
i really like the new holand skid steers. great machines
ok.

what are the controls and the view of the cutting edge like?

KrayzKajun
07-08-2008, 03:28 PM
looks like fun!!

k911lowe
07-08-2008, 03:34 PM
nice pictures.glad to see you had fun celebrating the 4th.

dura to the max
07-08-2008, 03:43 PM
the view is great imo. joystick on each side for the wheels, 2 foot pedals. 1 to raise/lower, the other to dump/rollback

corey4671
07-08-2008, 04:10 PM
honestly..if that were my equipment and I found you were abusing it like you say and like you have DOCUMENTED with photos..(stupid)...I'd probably kick your little punk A$$! That photo with guys hangin off of the forks of a forklift just makes me cringe. I have witnessed first hadn people who were injured by horsing around with large equipment like that. How would you like for me to take your lawncare equipment out this weekend and cut some 5 foot high grass that is probably littered with large rocks. Oh and I'm gonna take your zero turn out in the parking lot and cut doughnuts on the pavement and pop wheelies with it.

Junior M
07-08-2008, 04:14 PM
the view is great imo. joystick on each side for the wheels, 2 foot pedals. 1 to raise/lower, the other to dump/rollback
ok thanks.......

but one more quick question regular sticks like bobcat controls right?

dura to the max
07-08-2008, 04:15 PM
never run a bobcat, but i think so.

Junior M
07-08-2008, 04:22 PM
ok well a bobcat has just two sticks that go straight to the floor that you push and pull....

there is no servo the operator is operating the valve to control the flow

dura to the max
07-08-2008, 04:27 PM
no these are short joysticks.

Junior M
07-08-2008, 04:34 PM
no these are short joysticks.
ok... thanks....

Supper Grassy
07-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Nice pics

lets see some when you finish the job

lil_cote_93
07-08-2008, 07:59 PM
looks liek a good time. gotta have some fun sometimes...

deere615
07-08-2008, 09:41 PM
hows the skidsteer?

It was deffinetly a nice skid steer, The only thing I didn't like was having to control the bucket with your feet, it takes a little practice.
You sure don't know how to take care of equipment...I would never do that to some one that let me use there equipment.
Wow... you're dumber than a bag if hammers. nice work :hammerhead:
Wow you guys are idoits, the guy asked you to do a job and you just jerked of with his equipment.

How about some pics of the job?
We didn't beat on the equipment, if you want to see that check out youtube. I basically just drove the stuff around practicing with it. The only stupid thing we probably did was hanging from the forks

I could get some pics of the roof next weekend, but I figured you guys wouldn't want to see pics of a roof.
ok.

what are the controls and the view of the cutting edge like?
Like I sain above the controls were not bad, but I just didn't like having to control the bucket with my feet.
looks like fun!!

nice pictures.glad to see you had fun celebrating the 4th.

It was! I wish I knew someone that owned a skid steer so I could build my skills driving a skid steer

deere615
07-08-2008, 09:48 PM
You got it! those are the exact controls
honestly..if that were my equipment and I found you were abusing it like you say and like you have DOCUMENTED with photos..(stupid)...I'd probably kick your little punk A$$! That photo with guys hangin off of the forks of a forklift just makes me cringe. I have witnessed first hadn people who were injured by horsing around with large equipment like that. How would you like for me to take your lawncare equipment out this weekend and cut some 5 foot high grass that is probably littered with large rocks. Oh and I'm gonna take your zero turn out in the parking lot and cut doughnuts on the pavement and pop wheelies with it.
Like I said we didn't beat on the equipment, I probably beat on my truck lifting it up like that more than we did drving the equipment. It was just fun for me because I don't get to drive stuff like this all the time. I will admit the forklift was a dumb idea, won't do that again
Nice pics

lets see some when you finish the job
Thanks, I will try to get some pics next weekend
looks liek a good time. gotta have some fun sometimes...

thanks, ya the forklift idea was dumb, but like I said I don't get to drive stuff like this all the time, Someday I hope I can have my own skid steer

THEGOLDPRO
07-08-2008, 10:11 PM
yeah id beat your ass if i caught you treating my equipment like that. but thats just me.

South Florida Lawns
07-23-2008, 01:55 AM
Thats not beating up equipment. A couple buddies of mine set my friends skid on fire, you should have seen the look on the dudes face. I wish I had a camera.

lil_cote_93
07-23-2008, 01:31 PM
hahaha unreal.

Lawnworks
07-23-2008, 10:30 PM
Beating up equipment??? What in the hell are you talking about? You guys are losers. Most of you doushes don't even own heavy equipment... get a life. At least, the kid enjoys working and using his hands and working... more than I can say than about 90 percent of the guys his age.

deere615
07-23-2008, 10:41 PM
Thats not beating up equipment. A couple buddies of mine set my friends skid on fire, you should have seen the look on the dudes face. I wish I had a camera.
Thanks, That would have been a good video
Beating up equipment??? What in the hell are you talking about? You guys are losers. Most of you doushes don't even own heavy equipment... get a life. At least, the kid enjoys working and using his hands and working... more than I can say than about 90 percent of the guys his age.

tls22
07-25-2008, 10:53 PM
"Oh and I'm gonna take your zero turn out in the parking lot and cut doughnuts on the pavement and pop wheelies with it."

I do that all the time with my own stuff.....because im real cool!:cool2:

wallyturcotte
05-16-2009, 11:43 AM
who doesnt do that?

flatlander42
05-16-2009, 01:52 PM
last week I lost an idler pully, and when i fixed it I did some super fast cookies in my drive.....cuz I can! and it made me feel good!

Mimowerman
05-16-2009, 02:13 PM
and people wonder why equipment breaks.......

South Florida Lawns
05-16-2009, 03:30 PM
I just wonder why this old thread was dug up.

deere615
05-16-2009, 09:33 PM
I just wonder why this old thread was dug up.

haha I dunno:dizzy: I drove by the place though and he got it rented to some company They have al kinds of like forestry equipment they had 2 nice JD gators also. I think it was something like an energy services or something. I beleive they clear land for devolpment and powers lines

ALC-GregH
05-17-2009, 10:22 AM
While it does look like fun horsing around, it was not your equipment to do it with. What would happen if, while picking up the back of the truck, it broke the bucket? What if a seal blew out while fooling around with the Kabota? What if the engine locked up on it when someone was playing around cutting tall grass with it? Nothing you can say would change my mind in the fact that you shouldn't have done ANYTHING other then the work you went there to do. It was someone's personal property and I'd be highly pissed off if I caught you doing any of that to my equipment.

ALC-GregH
05-17-2009, 10:27 AM

I agree, it's not beating up equipment, it just plain disrespect for someone's personal property. Period....

If the owner was there, I'd put my life saving on the line, go "all in" and say that they WOULD NOT be doing what they did if he was standing there next to them.

It would be completely different if the owner was standing there and said, go right ahead and goof off if you want, don't worry if you break it, I'll get it fix. But even then, I'd be very hesitant to do anything other then what it was intended to do.