PDA

View Full Version : Edgit

heygrassman
01-11-2002, 10:08 PM
All:

I have searched all of last years comments on Edgit. There are comments about extra gas usage, lack of control, etc. There are also comments that is next best to sliced bread.

Any additional thoughts after another season with Edgit? Any substitiutes that compare?

Thanks in advance

Integrity
01-12-2002, 12:17 PM
Never heard of it! What is "Edgit"?

Turfdude
01-12-2002, 12:48 PM
Isn't it the add on for line trimmers that supposedly permits you to "edge" walks and curbs easier?? Why would anyone need it??

grassyfras
01-12-2002, 01:26 PM
Turf dude is right. I think it would only be useful for new emplyes that dont know how to edge or if your not good at edging with the trimmer but i never used one so Iwouldnt really know.

TLS
01-12-2002, 03:33 PM
I have one, has about 1 hrs use on it. Email me an offer, its just collecting dust!:rolleyes:

GrassChopper
01-12-2002, 09:02 PM
I have gotten two accounts from a guy who uses an Edgit. It does not make cuts as clean as an edger and that caused my lawns to look better than his. Just a consideration.

LAWNGODFATHER
01-12-2002, 09:06 PM
You could get 2 accounts from some one using the wrong blowers.

It's not the product it's the operator.

GrassChopper
01-12-2002, 11:28 PM
On the contrary, a piece of line cannot provide the straight line that a blade can. Period.

Most people know that a trimmer can't make the nice sharp edge of a blade.

LAWNGODFATHER
01-12-2002, 11:31 PM
Yes but I'll bet I can do just as good with a weed eater.

Twotoros
01-13-2002, 02:35 PM
It is faster than eye-balling it with a trimmer. A good edge must be in place first,done with a blade. Under cyclone fencing it is a dream, no more string hitting metal. I have had mine three years and love it. It takes more than 1 hour to get used to it.

LAWNGODFATHER
01-13-2002, 02:45 PM
I have lost ZERO (0) accounts to date for "EDGING".

I have gained very few for the reason of "EDGING".

But I have gain some due to "NOT" edging at all.

Why go back to the truck yo get an edger to edge 20' of sidewalk?

I have a few places with 100's of feet of edging and it's all done with a weed eater, and I bet you could not tell the differance.

I don't carry or use edgers any more. I have a stick and push edger. They do a great job of collecting dust.

We edge all concrete edges. Bevel all blacktop or asphault.

kroll
01-13-2002, 04:19 PM
I use the Edgit on my 2601's
not so much for edging which it work's for touch up's. but because it reduces arm & back fatigue
on large trim jobs like cemeteries and hill sides (you know the one that looked easy till you do them for 3 months).