PDA

View Full Version : Jetting down wells

h20 guy
07-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Wondering what the going rate is for jetting down a well, 2"= 3ft. pvc point, and 20' of 2" pvc stubbed up, no pump hook-up.

Mike Leary
07-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Wondering what the going rate is for jetting down a well, 2"= 3ft. pvc point, and 20' of 2" pvc stubbed up, no pump hook-up.

I'm thinking new forum for pump stuff. This is a sprinkler site.

bblawncare
07-08-2008, 08:33 PM
I'm thinking new forum for pump stuff. This is a sprinkler site.

With all due respect Mr. Leary, isn't this an irrigation site, and aren't pumps part of irrigation systems? (not trying to be a smart a**):waving: Do some of you guys really not deal with pumps/wells? In fact, I am sitting here right now reading about centrifugal pumps and how they work. I figure if I know more about how they work, then when something goes wrong, I will know what to do about it...

Mike Leary
07-08-2008, 09:12 PM
With all due respect Mr. Leary, I will know what to do about it...

Works for me with your new forum...frankly, I don't give a a rat what you
guys/gals do; give me 70 psi continuous, no 60/40 b.s.

bblawncare
07-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Works for me with your new forum...frankly, I don't give a a rat what you
guys/gals do; give me 70 psi continuous, no 60/40 b.s.

:( I hope I am not sensing any anger from you. I cannot afford to tick you or anyone else off. Remember, I am a newbie so I am all gung ho to learn anything and everything I can, thus my enthusiasm for anything irrigation related...

DanaMac
07-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Do some of you guys really not deal with pumps/wells?

Rarely....
I am pretty ignorant to pumps and wells.

Wet_Boots
07-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Awww, let's throw a pity party for the pump-o-phobe.

Hey, weren't we going to see some photos of a shallow well being augered?

Waterit
07-09-2008, 12:42 AM
Awww, let's throw a pity party for the pump-o-phobe.

Hey, weren't we going to see some photos of a shallow well being augered?

We sure are - soon as we get a dry day to drill in! We went almost 5 weeks with little or no rain and have been drowned 3 of the last 5 working days, including today. Hope to have well in before Friday.

Sorry, Mr. Leary - pump-and-well as irrigation supply is as common as convenience stores down here. You gotta learn/know your p-and-w stuff.

And by the way - I HATE a pressure switch on a centrifugal, I'm a straight pump-start guy all the way.

AI Inc
07-09-2008, 06:59 AM
As water supplies tighten you will see more and more wells for irrigation. There are a few towns around here where irrigation from town water is not allowed.

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-09-2008, 08:15 AM
:( I hope I am not sensing any anger from you. I cannot afford to tick you or anyone else off. Remember, I am a newbie so I am all gung ho to learn anything and everything I can, thus my enthusiasm for anything irrigation related...

BB take Mike's grouchiness with good humor. He says what I'm thinking. We non-weller/pumpers get beat down by a conversation we can't try to the smartest guy in the room at. I have one pump among my thousands of customers.