PDA

View Full Version : JRCO products. Does anyone use them?

Robert Ewald
01-12-2002, 09:38 AM
I am looking into JRCO's front mount attachments for my Ferris. I was woundering if any one had some feed back on them positive or negative.

Randy Scott
01-12-2002, 10:12 AM
If you use the search feature in the upper right hand corner of this page and enter the words JRCO or dethatching products and you will find useful info on all their products. This subject has been discussed many times and you will find alot of feedback. I have alot of their products and they all are pretty decent and work good.

mdb landscaping
01-12-2002, 11:15 AM
ive answered in other posts, but ill help you out. i have the jrco de thatcher and leaf plow for my scag walk behind. their products work great. i was skeptical about how well the dethatcher would work, but it does work great. some people say carry some spare tines cause they will break, but i havent broken one yet. the leaf plow works awesome for moving huge piles of leaves too. and please, nobody respond and tell me to use doubles.

Turfdude
01-12-2002, 12:20 PM
I will probably be purchasing in the early spring. The dethatcher leaves a lawn looking as if it has received an intense hard raking w/ a metal spring rake. It removes matted leaves and material from turf and helps prepare the turf for fertilizer uptake.

Bob

dhicks
01-12-2002, 12:37 PM
I use the JRCO dethatcher on my Toro Z. When the dethatcher arrived I thought that it looked cheap and would break. However, I was wrong. It works like a charm and I have paid for it many times over in the first season.

Pelican
01-12-2002, 01:15 PM
I also have the leaf plow and the dethatcher and both work great! I've used the leaf plow for four seasons now and have had to replace the fingers opn the bottom, the replacements are much stronger than the originals. I also had to weld some bracing to the arms that carry the plow casters, they kept wanting to curl under. No problems other than these, I recommend them highly, they'll save you bundles of time.

I've been considering their aerator, anyone used one?

Robert Ewald
01-12-2002, 01:44 PM
Thank you all for your imput. I really appreciate it.
Pelican: you mentioned that you were looking into the Aerator I am also looking into that. When I talked to JRCo they told me it would take a double pass to get the same or more holes per SQ FT as a Ryan or Claussen will. My thought is that is fine because you are moving quicker and will be less tired. What are your thoughts. Has any one used or demoed the Aerator from JRCO, and what are your thoughts.

Randy Scott
01-12-2002, 02:31 PM
Robert, I have the JRCO aerator on my 60" Lazer. In some of my other posts I talked relatively highly about it. Well, the more I used it this year the more I disliked it. I think for it to be worthwhile it would have to be used on huge properties. Like 30,000 or 40,000 sq. ft. or larger, and be wide open. The reason being is that it doesn't turn well at all. You have to raise it up and back away from tight areas, then lower it back down and even with the electric lift it is very slow and time consuming. It also doesn't get close to landscape beds because it is much narrower than the mower it's attached to. After doing a good handful of jobs this year it became obnoxious to use. Also, all the dirt pulled up gets tracked all over and just loads the tires up and then makes a mess wherever you go, like on the road to the trailer, across any sidewalks, etc.. I guess now that I have it I am keeping it, but I will purchase a RYAN this year and would rather have spent the $1600 I payed for the JRCO towards the $5000 cost of the RYAN. Live and learn. Aerating is good money and now I have to spend another season trying to recover equipment costs on a different one. It is great if you would do a sports field or something like that where you can make some long straight passes and big sweeping turns. I give it a thumbs down!

kris
01-12-2002, 02:52 PM
Just ordered the jrco dethacher 2 weeks ago. I'm pleased to see the positive feedback on this forum about it. It should save a bundle of time come spring.

lawnkid
01-12-2002, 04:34 PM
I use the Jrco dethatcher and it saves alot money off renting a dethatcher every spring for the last 2 years. It's a real money and time saver because it's on the front of the mower and when you thatch a lawn, put the catcher on your mower and it picks everything up in on run. Go to the Jrco website, jrcoinc.com and click under contact us and they will send you a brochure on every product they make. Have fun using your new equipment

edward hedrick
01-12-2002, 07:09 PM
I bought a 40" frontmount dethatcher from sears, made my own mounting bar cost $120, some of my friends made the same.
does a good job in the spring.

gene gls
01-12-2002, 09:00 PM
Thumbs down for the JERCO dethatcher, only works if the ground is flat.

Thumbs up for the areator. Run it on my 48" Walker, like any tool, you have to get used to it.

May get the leaf plow this year if I don't find a "BIG" blower that I like.

Gene