PDA

View Full Version : What are you guys getting for pine straw installation/sales...??

andyslawncare
07-09-2008, 01:18 AM
how much do you guys get for:

1. installing pine straw / bale
2. selling & droping off pine straw / bale

how much are you paying per bale at your wholesale supplier/producer??

I'm fixing to start distributing straw in Metro Atlanta...Most guys are selling from $3-$4.50/bale and installing from $3.25-5.50/bale. How does this compare with your area/service???

I found a producer that sells for $2/bale....its 150 miles away....I'll make out well if I pick up 700+ bales (I have someone that I will pay to drive there for me).

Experience in this and advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

coolluv
07-09-2008, 05:38 AM
There are several places around the Cumming area that sell pine straw. I usually pay $3.00 per bale. But I have paid as much as $ 3.50 per bale. It depends on which supplier I go to. I don't go to Lowes or Home Depot, their Pine straw is usually small and dirty and dried out.

Last year I was paying $3.50 for some really nice long needle pine straw. It was really brown and fresh and the bales where huge. I haven't purchased any in a while the prices might have changed due to higher fuel prices. I charge $7.00 a bale installed and usually have no problem getting it. Pine straw is a pain in the a$$ and if I can't get $7.00 I don't want it. Let someone else have it.

Dave...