PDA

View Full Version : Brandon's EPIC iphone unload

BrandonV
07-09-2008, 06:25 PM
wow haven't put up any pics for yall lately, well here's what's happening/been happening in the land of creek. Top two pics are drainage/ early installation of a main line/ braided 2wire lead before patio goes in. we also threw the gas line in, potable water line in and a pics of 10-2 for the kitchen to be. This project is coming along nicely and the owner is very involved which in this case make it a lot of fun because he has great ideas and like myself likes everything to be top notch.

2nd set is from a home in concord we were lucky to be recommended for. Very nice people to work for, we unfortunately arn't doing the irrigation system hence the toro rotors, and of course the pr200 pipe. I took a pic of the head placement for ML, is that right? I usually have them at the edge of the turf but I guess water does run down hill... we were introduced too late, and my mother doesn't like to "critique" other's work too much as to not come off like a jerk, which I'm sure I might tend to do :-)

BrandonV
07-09-2008, 06:27 PM
more of the mission house (as we call it) incase anyone is wondering I tried posting some pics in the "pictures" forum, and didn't get a single reply... I was crushed so I'm just sharing w/ my bros in the h20 section here out.

Mike Leary
07-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Nice job! How ya gonna water that pot in pic #4? Where's the head layout pic?

BrandonV
07-09-2008, 06:31 PM
more from the mission, now this is more for hardscapers but yall will understand too. Water, believe it or not, runs down hill. You shouldn't in my opinion put in an expensive decorative gravel drive not knowing what you're doing. This company which is a professional hardscaper put this in, first pics is before a thunder storm, 2nd is after (this morning). I' of course wasn't here when this was installed but I'd have handled this, but they should have but didn't use any containment system (ie gravelpave2) homeowner ain't happy, nor should he be. I of course pushed most of the gravel back up the hill this morning.

Mike Leary
07-09-2008, 06:35 PM
The road sucks, as does the cheesy frostfree.

BrandonV
07-09-2008, 06:36 PM
top pic from mission, 2nd and 3rd are from a job we designed, but didn't get. now i see why i was high :-) looks awful, but the fountain in this shopping center, doesn't use fountain nozzles if you look closely you'll see toro sprays w/ the test cap i'm assuming (never used toro) WOW*trucewhiteflag*
Last photo is for CSR, Asheboro (the largest dry city east of the Mississippi is voting this year on booze again, of course a sect of society is up in arms... pretty snazzy banner I must admit. I of course don't indulge in sprits, but I would like a Harris Teeter again, which from what I understand can't justify a store w/o the sale of vino. Snapped this pics from the mini, so it's not the best.

BrandonV
07-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Nice job! How ya gonna water that pot in pic #4? Where's the head layout pic?

he has a gardner, no irrigation on the plants, just the turf... which I didn't do

Mike Leary
07-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Sucks also head layout in pic # 3 ..should have been separate zones for runoff control. Did'nt ROTAR teach you anything?

BrandonV
07-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Sucks also head layout in pic # 3 ..should have been separate zones for runoff control. Did'nt ROTAR teach you anything?

mike, my company is not and did not install the irrigation system, and rotar did teach me something... just can't remember what.

Mike Leary
07-09-2008, 06:55 PM
rotar did teach me something... just can't remember what.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

CAPT Stream Rotar
07-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Brandon-as weird as it sounds, I miss Asheboro.....

Tell Young, I said what up and to all the boys on the crew...

Great pics...

Mike Leary
07-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Brandon-as weird as it sounds, I miss Asheboro.....

Tell Young, I said what up and to all the boys on the crew...

Great pics...

Liar............

Dirty Water
07-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Grumpy today Mike?

We used the same frostfree's, but we always clamped them to a post, and installed them on 1" poly swingjoint using brass fittings.

CAPT Stream Rotar
07-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Liar............

dude the women down there had a thing for my accent...

no lie.

BrandonV
07-09-2008, 08:44 PM
believe it or not, all the girls wanting to drown their sorrows in booze in part of the plan of getting alcohol sales passed.

BrandonV
07-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Grumpy today Mike?

We used the same frostfree's, but we always clamped them to a post, and installed them on 1" poly swingjoint using brass fittings.

I know what mike's hinting at, w/ a house of this caliper seeing the spigots kinds ruins it... I was going to recommend some in-ground boxes or a qtr turn spigot but I was a day late.

AI Inc
07-10-2008, 05:55 AM
believe it or not, all the girls wanting to drown their sorrows in booze in part of the plan of getting alcohol sales passed.

I was in the wetern part of the state ( forest city) right after high school.A buds wife was going to the store so I asked her to get me a pack of Marlboros and and rack of buds. She started laughing saying " this is a dry county, you have to go 40 miles for a rack of bud" I was blown away , untill then I had never heard of a dry county.

Waterit
07-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Grew up right outside NYC, where you could get anything you wanted any time of day. Moved here to NW Florida in '81, right into a dry county.

Luckily the next county over is wet and only 12 miles from the house - but that also contributed to our over-the-top DUI rate (not me personally, was watched over by the patron saint of drunks and fools during my oats-sewing days!).

After 4 tries, our county finally voted to go wet - and there's been no drop-off in DUI's.

BrandonV
07-10-2008, 12:41 PM
yeah the only thing that will fix dui is a harsher punishement. but like for me (if i drank beer) or lets say rotor (who does, and does and does) it's a 25 mile drive one way to the wetlands, think of the cost savings for you're average drunk.

Mike Leary
07-10-2008, 03:55 PM
I know what mike's hinting at, w/ a house of this caliper seeing the spigots kinds ruins it...

Yup, spoils it for me....there is a brass frost-free that looks good.

Mike Leary
07-10-2008, 07:59 PM
This works well. Not kidding, the quick-couple is set in concrete just below
the two-piece screw for service. We use these on our RM systems where
we have no control of when they are used, but our "normally open"
master valve still monitors high flows & shuts when abnormal flow happens.

BrandonV
07-10-2008, 08:05 PM
very nice, its a quarter turn connect correct?

Mike Leary
07-10-2008, 08:07 PM
It's as clean as can be, yes, quarter turn, Rain Bird 33DLRC two-piece quick couple.
Problems zero.

Waterit
07-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Sure you posted that pic under the right thread?

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php?p=2408364&postcount=1

http://quick-snap.com/?gclid=CKm-_qGmr5QCFQlqsgoddFN7tQ

CAPT Stream Rotar
07-10-2008, 09:30 PM
yeah the only thing that will fix dui is a harsher punishement. but like for me (if i drank beer) or lets say rotor (who does, and does and does) it's a 25 mile drive one way to the wetlands, think of the cost savings for you're average drunk.

lol

bran have a fin beeah

BrandonV
08-01-2008, 06:44 AM
hey ed just fyi you can come back now... the alcohol ref passed on all issues! the city should be wet in the next month are so. here hoping we get a harris teeter again

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-01-2008, 06:52 AM
This works well. Not kidding, the quick-couple is set in concrete just below
the two-piece screw for service. We use these on our RM systems where
we have no control of when they are used, but our "normally open"
master valve still monitors high flows & shuts when abnormal flow happens.

I beg to differ. I like those hi rise faucets. You can put a bucket under it to fill it up and you don't have to bend over to operate.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-01-2008, 06:57 AM
hey ed just fyi you can come back now... the alcohol ref passed on all issues! the city should be wet in the next month are so. here hoping we get a harris teeter again

Richardson just went wet here as well. We supposedly have more Churches per capita than any city in the US. Church on every corner here. Plano to the north and Buckingham to the south the city decided to recapture lost revenue. Annoys me because 7/eleven eliminated some of my favorite drinks to make room for beer in the drink cases.

Kiril
08-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Annoys me because 7/eleven eliminated some of my favorite drinks to make room for beer in the drink cases.

I thought beer was your favorite drink. :laugh:

Wet_Boots
08-01-2008, 09:58 AM
I thought beer was your favorite drink. :laugh:A day without Fizzies is like a day without sunshine.

Kiril
08-01-2008, 10:24 AM
A day without Fizzies is like a day without sunshine.

Yes .........

http://candyaddict.com/blog/candy_pictures/chocolate_pop_rocks.jpg

CAPT Stream Rotar
08-01-2008, 06:24 PM
wait,I can booze in Asheboro?

sweet ill be right down!!!!!!!

I wonder what your Number 1 Employee JE feels about that Bran......

Mike Leary
08-01-2008, 06:27 PM
wait,I can booze in Asheboro?

sweet ill be right down!!!!!!!

I wonder what your Number 1 Employee JE feels about that Bran......

GO PM..............

CAPT Stream Rotar
08-01-2008, 06:28 PM
GO PM..............

Who might you be?

Mike Leary
08-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Who might you be?

I believe it's worst nightmare. Dump the sig...it's boring after 100 posts.

BrandonV
08-01-2008, 06:40 PM
here some more pics rotor so you can see what you've been a missing... btw 90˚ w/ 55% humidity today

BrandonV
08-01-2008, 06:41 PM
oh and we're getting wet in record time, the election will be "certified" tues and they should start the convoy of trucks end of next week

BrandonV
08-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Richardson just went wet here as well. We supposedly have more Churches per capita than any city in the US. Church on every corner here. Plano to the north and Buckingham to the south the city decided to recapture lost revenue. Annoys me because 7/eleven eliminated some of my favorite drinks to make room for beer in the drink cases.

well the county here is dry, asheboro is the main city. the county will never become wet, i was told it'd be a 7-1 failure. we have church for ever 1.1 sq mile of area in the county, nothing wrong with that I just wonder whynot have larger churches? imagine all the lost tax revenue on that property and also the amount of $ spent on heating/air/power, I'm not anti-church by any-means, but am pro-efficiency

CAPT Stream Rotar
08-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Bran those pics rule!!

those pics of TOK washing his hands is priceless...

Please tell the boys I said hello....

BrandonV
08-01-2008, 07:39 PM
yeah they said "same same vietnam" I think I might get under the larger on for a picture when we're finished, just like a Brazilian super model

CAPT Stream Rotar
08-01-2008, 07:42 PM
lol @ same same Vietnam!!!!

those waterfalls look great bud...How's production been?

Kiril
08-01-2008, 11:43 PM
those waterfalls look great bud

Ditto ... nice work. :clapping:

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Henry lost his IPhone less than two weeks after purchasing it. Fell out his pocket while speeding around downtown on his one gear bike. Said there could not have been 20 seconds between the time he noticed and turned back. By then it had already been picked up. No insurance on IPhones. Put a new sim card in and you have yourself a new phone or an item for EBay.

BrandonV
08-02-2008, 09:36 AM
i have two currently... i bought the 3g one because i need gps... but until otterbox comes out w/ their case for it i don't carry it around, just a weekend phone at the moment

Lawnworks
09-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Any pics of the finished product?

BrandonV
09-01-2008, 06:58 PM
the homeowner is having a shed installed so the final sodding is being put off. I don't seem to know where my finished pics are... might have forgotten to take any since we're struggling to get to another project. These big ones can slow you down, 2 months here 3 months here... but that's what I'm good at and I enjoy it, but it sure makes for some long hours and stress.