PDA

View Full Version : I got a tricky one for you Water Witches>>

CAPT Stream Rotar
07-09-2008, 08:19 PM
ok customer wants to use her faucet via the mainline sprinkler system.

faucets are in place ready to go..

Only problem, the system runs off a rely to a well...
The woman does not want to touch her controller..Remote is out of the question..She wants a switch in her garage bottom line..

What do you all think?

Also where do you look for the Rainbird Remote?

love CSR

BrandonV
07-09-2008, 08:46 PM
how many gpm does the well push? might be a bit much for the ol 3/4 spigot.

CAPT Stream Rotar
07-09-2008, 08:48 PM
how many gpm does the well push? might be a bit much for the ol 3/4 spigot.

no more than 15 bran and there are 2 faucets with 3/4 boiler drains off of each.

greenmonster304
07-09-2008, 08:55 PM
what is the budget? why not add a pressure switch and tank, if there is no good location for a tank they have small ones that can be buried.

Dirty Water
07-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Ditch the relay, replace with a 60/40 pressure switch and a pressure tank, if the zones are not balanced, call Valveman and get his magic cycle stop doohicky.

CAPT Stream Rotar
07-09-2008, 09:02 PM
Ditch the relay, replace with a 60/40 pressure switch and a pressure tank, if the zones are not balanced, call Valveman and get his magic cycle stop doohicky.

no tank boys....

the budget is there but not that kind of budget.

Dirty Water
07-09-2008, 09:25 PM
no tank boys....

the budget is there but not that kind of budget.

I'm not talking about a reservoir:

Pressure switch:

http://www.dandapump.com/img/square%20D%20Pressure%20Switch.jpg

$20...plus some flexible conduit and wiring. You can probably reuse what was there for the PSR.

Pressure relief valve (encase the switch fails open):

http://www.drillspot.com/pimages/85/8557_300.jpg

$10.

20 gallon pressure tank:

http://www.absak.com/catalog/images/wm6.jpg

$200.

Wet_Boots
07-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Quick answer is a resounding "No!" - followed by asking them how much money do they want to throw at this.

geardriven
07-09-2008, 09:27 PM
It would either have to be a pressurized system or the relay would have to be enabled. I think if you put a switch somewhere between the relay and the clock, the clock could not be automated. You'd have to manually flip the switch for the relay once the clock is on. Tell her to either pony up the coin for a remote or go to the clock to manually turn it on.
I'm not crazy about deadheading a pump so a homeowner can take their sweet azz time to use a hose bib.
IF there's a way to make it happen....I'm interested. I think it'll be cost inhibitive if a pressure tank is cost inhibitive.

Waterit
07-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Also where do you look for the Rainbird Remote?
love CSR

eBay. RB discontinued their remote.

Waterit
07-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Or you could change the controller out to one of these

irrig8r
07-10-2008, 10:57 AM
eBay. RB discontinued their remote.

They discontinued their frigging POS remotes and still advertise their controllers as "remote ready"...

Makes me wonder about the post someone made a few days ago aboput a "remote bird".. is there a new one in the works to retro fit all those "remote dready" (spelling intentional) controllers in the field?

They were still selling the leftovers in the retail store section of the Rain Bird website as of 6 months ago... and you can still find manuals for them on their site too if you happen to be one of the poor suckers that bought one...

Mike Leary
07-10-2008, 03:36 PM
call Valveman and get his magic cycle stop doohicky.

Just when I started feeling better, you had to bring snake oil up. :hammerhead:
We had to use one of those remotes during a winterize, glad their gone.

Waterit
07-10-2008, 05:14 PM
They discontinued their frigging POS remotes and still advertise their controllers as "remote ready"...

Makes me wonder about the post someone made a few days ago aboput a "remote bird".. is there a new one in the works to retro fit all those "remote dready" (spelling intentional) controllers in the field?

They were still selling the leftovers in the retail store section of the Rain Bird website as of 6 months ago... and you can still find manuals for them on their site too if you happen to be one of the poor suckers that bought one...

I made the RemoteBird post, a retired irrigator gave me one and I wanted to know if it was like the Rainmaster (hold on, Grumpy, I got the point of the Tonka-toy post).

I also have the RB remote, given to me by our regional guy years ago. Still works on some of the older ESP's, but not the newer ones.

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-10-2008, 11:45 PM
Or you could change the controller out to one of these

Does it work?

Waterit
07-11-2008, 12:34 AM
Does it work?

Have no idea, just an attempt at humor.

Their remote looks like the one I use for my cable TV box.

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-11-2008, 06:50 AM
Have no idea, just an attempt at humor.

Their remote looks like the one I use for my cable TV box.

If it does work it means Orbit has passed RB in technological prowess. RB's inability to come out with a decent remote is one of the unsung stories of corporate ineptitude.