PDA

View Full Version : Help - Can't locate end of conduit

rockee
07-09-2008, 09:45 PM
So here is the problem.

Layed a 4" PVC pipe for conduit with duct tape at each end across area where driveway would be for sprinkler pipe and wire. Created a diagram which had 2 offsets for each end of the pipe (I thought anyways). Put in the asphalt driveway.

Go forward in time. Able to locate one side of the pipe and not able to locate the other. Can get a piece of funny pipe into it, and tried digging the end out close to where is should be but still can't find the end. Dug as far as could without going under driveway since don't want to undermine the driveway.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Itsgottobegreen
07-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Cap off exposed end, drill hole, insert hose female, glue, then put on a garden hose. Wait till you see a wet spot and start digging.

greenmonster304
07-09-2008, 09:47 PM
put a fish tape or wire inside the pipe and use a toner/locator to trace the path and dig where it stops.

rockee
07-09-2008, 09:57 PM
put a fish tape or wire inside the pipe and use a toner/locator to trace the path and dig where it stops.

I think I understand what the toner/locator does - send a tone to detect metal I guess. Is this what a toner/locator is and where do I get one?

Dirty Water
07-09-2008, 10:04 PM
I think I understand what the toner/locator does - send a tone to detect metal I guess. Is this what a toner/locator is and where do I get one?

Your irrigation supply house might have a 521 you can rent, otherwise they are about $700.

Really handy for irrigation troubleshooting.