Is this a good deal or Not

52" Toro Z
526 Hours
2 1/2 Years old
23 HP

For $3,000

Richard Martin
01-12-2002, 12:55 PM
Bearing in mind that I haven't seen the mower I'd have to say "Buy It!".

odin
01-12-2002, 02:54 PM
Have you been able to give it the good lookover?For just 3 grand and only 526 hours i say buy it to.
Im no toro expert though i never owned one.But i have some exmarks and i think mechanicaly they are the same just the mower deck different .
And i would certainly jump at a exmark at that price with just that many hours.

mdb landscaping
01-12-2002, 03:13 PM
sounds like a great deal. id say buy it too, providing everything looks like its working mechanically sound.

fivestarlawnken
01-12-2002, 04:01 PM
I would look over it real well,amd if everything checks out BUY IT!!!!!!! That mower is priced at a very nice price.

awm
01-12-2002, 05:25 PM
go over one morning . dont call first. look for white, black smoke in excess.shake the spindles,look at the plug. if its new,
get your mechanic to evaluate it. a plug thats been run a while can tell a story to an educated eye. good luck ,sounds like a good deal. by the way pay close attention to steer responce,hydro fluid tank etc

65hoss
01-12-2002, 06:30 PM
See if the greese zerks have been used. I went the other day to look at a metro and the guy sucked at maintenance. I don't think he owned a greese gun. Nice mower needed to many little things to make it worth the money he was asking.

Point is, just make sure it has been well maintained. If they don't greese, I would doubt if the oil has been change correctly either.

Nelson
01-12-2002, 06:33 PM
Thanks Guys,

It is @ Toro dealer, where I buy my Equipment. Someone
purchased a New Toro Z, & is selling this one. When I
was there this morning he told me that it probally will
not be for sale come Monday. There were a lot of people
asking about it. I guess I should have purchased it. I know
the guy that owns the Toro shop. I grew up with him. He is
trying to help me out that's all. If I do not get this one, He assured me that he will look out for me on another deal. Demos etc etc. Again thanks for the input. Everything looked fine on
this machine. I even drove it. Now I have to have one. It will
cut down on time. I only have a Toro 32" now. I will post again
when another deal comes up, and maybe yall can let me know
if it is a good deal.......:cry:

CLARKE
01-13-2002, 12:47 AM
sound like a sweet deal low hrs was probley only used 1 1/2 seasons sound like the guy just got bigger mowers a want to sell it cheap.:blob1: