PDA

View Full Version : Tree Mulch Beds....More Pricing q's

stang2244
07-10-2008, 02:36 AM
I know the "help with pricing" threads are everywhere, but I've always gotten lots of useful input. So here comes another. In a particular neighborhood I do a lot of mowing in, the landscapers who did all the houses during construction put trees everywhere. They put about 12'(circumference not diameter) mulch beds around each tree with no physical border, just goes mulch to grass. Well now all the beds have grass growing in them and the mulch doesnt stay in a neat circle. All the customers want it fixed. What would you all charge per tree to put a border around, clean the bed of weeds/grass, and then remulch them. Im kind of looking for a "Id do it for materials plus ______" but any further breakdown would be great. Im a rookie at anything outside of maintenance so thanks in advance.

Andy

Integrity LC
07-10-2008, 02:25 PM
So maybe I am doing my math totally wrong but that is around 9 sqft for each tree? how many trees are there? We need that to help with a price. Make sure you mark up your materials. Some mark up 20% some mark up 40% that is up to you. You should charge to take out the old mulch and weeds, put in a border or edge, then re mulch. We usually do an per man hour charge.

PM me if you have any other questions.

BostonBull
07-10-2008, 06:11 PM
On a side note........

No mulch volcanoes with trees! Keep the mulch an inch or two from the trunks.

JNyz
07-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Just edge the beds out will a spade, weed beds, apply weed preventer and maybe a light dose of round up on grass/weeds. I would say about 30 a tree plus a 30-50% mark up on materials.