PDA

View Full Version : Kubota question?

LawnScapes of P-Town
07-10-2008, 03:44 AM
I'm looking into getting a kubota bx24 and was wondering if anyone has one and how they hold up in the landscape industry?

Do you like it?

Is it too small?

Can it handle pto attachments with ease?

any opinions would be great

thanks

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-10-2008, 07:54 PM
we have one and i absolutely love it. i build mostly retaining walls and we are usually always in a tight place so we use the kubota alot. it works great and is pretty strong for a little machine. but if i had the choice i might go 1 size up from the bx-24.

crizz22
01-26-2009, 01:35 AM
this is an older post but hopefully i can help. I purchased one this past spring and i love it. We use it for everything we can, its so small and light it fits on most trailers and is easy enough to transport to jobs. I use it on mulch jobs either for spreading or just filling up the crews wheelbarrows. If you are getting into mainly patios, a skidsteer might be better for excavating. I have had a few situations where it was underpowered in the bucket, but I have learned to just be smarter and use better planning and techniques.

Another great thing is that is it SO easy and safe to operate. There is a great field of vision, and the controls can be learned in minutes. I have actually been using the 48" bucket for plowing my driveway lately and it works better than i expected. Maintenance is also very easy on the machine. Apparently you can take off the loader and hoe in minutes but I have not had to yet. Overall like i said before its a great machine because you can use it for EVERYTHING. Sometimes just transporting things around large yards we will just put in the bucket since it doesn't tear up the lawn at all. I see so many companies hiring such large crews for laboring and material moving that can easily be moved with one bx24 in the time it takes 3-5 laborers. Any more questions let me know.

jd75760
01-26-2009, 09:40 AM
I had a bx24 and it was very strong. The backhoe will dig 6' deep in hard packed clay. It ran a 4' bush hog in very thick pasture grass with no problem. The front end loader does OK, but with just a box scraper on back it does get light in the rear end. I did not have my rear tires filled and I would highly suggest that being the first thing you do to improve the handling of the tractor. The size is great for getting into very tight places. I used mine back filling pools and even finish grading under decks that were only about 6' above the ground. I also would advise getting a tooth bar for the front bucket if you plan on digging with it. I ordered a post hole digger from The Smart Farmer and it worked very well. Overall very nice piece of equipment.

jd75760
01-26-2009, 09:50 AM
Picture of me and my grandson cruising on the tractor.:drinkup: