PDA

View Full Version : Mower purchase

accuratelawn
01-11-2000, 05:55 PM
What do you guys think about the new Bunton mowers for sale on turfquip. Good deal?

Evan528
01-12-2000, 06:02 PM
I just took a look at the bunton at turf quip. Its doasnt look like a bunton. Since when are buntons orange and black? if infact it is a bunton its an incredible price. there good mowers

accuratelawn
01-12-2000, 06:48 PM
The mower is actually a Jergenson (sp?) same company ownes Ingersol, Bunton, Bobcat, the dealer told me it is the same thing. Went to their web site to look at specs. It is the same mower. $1700 for a 48" belt seems good. The dealer was to call today with shipping prices. I did not hear from him.?

turfquip
01-14-2000, 12:31 AM
Textron, the owner of the Bobcat, Homelight, Jacobsen brand names as well as others, now owns Bunton. <p>All these mergers going on among manufacturers in this industry is unfortunate in a way - but that's a whole nuther topic. <p>Anyway, to my knowledge, Jacobson itself never made a mid size walk behind, but this particular batch of machines has Jacobsen paint and stickers. <p><p><p><p>

Lazer
01-14-2000, 01:11 PM
Who made the Jacobsen mid-size walk-behind in the 1980's? The ones with the pin/clip HOC adjust and the rear-facing engines. <p>There were no other mowers even similar. If Jacobsen didn't build them, the builders built exclusively for Jake.

Charles
01-14-2000, 02:15 PM
If you are within driving distance. Where you can test drive the equipment. Or getit checked out by a mechanic. I wouldn't buy anything just from looking at a picture. Unless it is new. And it was the type of machine that i had already test drove.<br>Charles

jeffclc
01-16-2000, 03:57 PM
Don't forget that those mowers are big and heavy, and that the shipping/insurance could probally bring the cost near buying the same machine locally. If they are local to you, then see what other dealers are charging for the mower, and go from there.

accuratelawn
01-16-2000, 05:18 PM
They are $190 to ship.