PDA

View Full Version : First full landscape job.

Travis E
07-10-2008, 07:36 PM
They did have a locol nursery design it but the customer and I took some plants out and moved some more around. The flagstone and the the two bigger trees in each corner where done last year by another guy. Give me your opinions!

Travis E
07-10-2008, 07:37 PM
one more picture

born2farm
07-10-2008, 07:59 PM
that looks great Travis. that should deffinitly get alot of attention towards your buisness

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
07-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Flagstone looks good. Needs more plants/flowers. Big bed with very little in it. Now sell them on doing the other side of the walkway and putting in a couple islands.

newtostone
07-10-2008, 08:11 PM
i would be pleased, right now it looks a little thin but over time it will fill in, i love the height/ depth changes and the colors stone vs mulch well done.

CALandscapes
07-10-2008, 08:18 PM
Looks good.

Now that you've "broken through the barrier," continue to trudge on. You'll be amazed at the caliber of jobs you'll eventually be capable of doing..:weightlifter::weightlifter:

J&R Landscaping
07-10-2008, 08:20 PM
With the customer having such a large and green lawn, I'd be adding some more color to the beds. It looks great but to much green. I'd try selling some seasonal color installs and add color 2-3 times a year.

Travis E
07-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Yes it is a little thin now, but what was origionly drawn up was a bunch really close together and they didn't want that because you would be pulling some out when they get big. I read up on most of the plants and spaced them so when they get big it will be filled out in the beds. They are going to plant grass on the other side of walk, eventually i guess because i offered to provide my services to plant grass.

Travis E
07-10-2008, 08:21 PM
With the customer having such a large and green lawn, I'd be adding some more color to the beds. It looks great but to much green. I'd try selling some seasonal color installs and add color 2-3 times a year.

there will be alot of color in spring, bunch of different colors, thats what was designed so thats what we worked with.

JAX76CJ
07-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Are those "Stella Dora" Daylillies? If so, those should "Pop" real nice. I agree with Albery though, I'd "Sell Them" on the other side of the walk. I'd bring it out where the curve in the edge of the bed curves out (before the curve back in to the walk.). Bring that out and plant a "Weeping Cherry" (at the corner of the walk), and a line of Korean Boxwoods ("compacta") down and along the walk. Mulch it..... Done Deal, decent coin. Looks great tho, GREAT JOB KID!

Travis E
07-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Are those "Stella Dora" Daylillies? If so, those should "Pop" real nice. I agree with Albery though, I'd "Sell Them" on the other side of the walk. I'd bring it out where the curve in the edge of the bed curves out (before the curve back in to the walk.). Bring that out and plant a "Weeping Cherry" (at the corner of the walk), and a line of Korean Boxwoods ("compacta") down and along the walk. Mulch it..... Done Deal, decent coin. Looks great tho, GREAT JOB KID!

I don't remember the exact name of the daylilies. I like that idea but don't think her husband will let her do anymore landscaping!

Lawn Enforcer
07-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Looks good! I agree, spacing the plants is the best, yeah, you'll make money in the beginning, but it will look like crap once it's huge and overgrown. I have my first full landscape job next week! I'm excited!

Green Finger
07-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Excellent work. Keep it simple, get in and get out.= cash money.

blm86
07-10-2008, 10:45 PM
looks good

lawn crafters
07-10-2008, 10:51 PM
i bet that got you some buisness from other houses

Travis E
07-10-2008, 10:58 PM
i bet that got you some buisness from other houses

Just finished it up this afternoon, so i'll have to wait and see.

Thanks for all the compliments!

02DURAMAX
08-08-2008, 02:36 AM
Great Job!!!!!!

jdmcat
08-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Is that wood siding? If so, I would keep the mulch below it. You could be inviting termites in. Just a thought, looks great otherwise!

BrandonV
08-08-2008, 08:46 PM
what is the weeping tree on the right? Hope it's a dwarf, snow fountain cherry?

Petr51488
08-08-2008, 09:37 PM
I really like the idea of the stacked rocks in the mulch! Nice job btw.

Travis E
08-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Is that wood siding? If so, I would keep the mulch below it. You could be inviting termites in. Just a thought, looks great otherwise!

cement fiberboard

what is the weeping tree on the right? Hope it's a dwarf, snow fountain cherry?

Don't know didn't plant them

I really like the idea of the stacked rocks in the mulch! Nice job btw.

ya i like it but was already there