PDA

View Full Version : How did you get started in irrigation?

brianhanson37
07-10-2008, 10:33 PM
I saw a site today called Irrigation TV google it for the site, anyways, I was wondering how you got started. This guy claimed that he had a dvd that showed you how to fix all kinds of irrigation repairs and said you could be making 80,000 your first year. But I was wondering if people could make so much why is everyone still in lawncare with some people doing lawns for pennies on the dollar? Have any of you guys bought that dvd before? Was it worth it? I'll post a site if I get the OK from a mod but I don't think I can because its not a sponsor?

irritation
07-10-2008, 10:37 PM
:laugh:
Easy money? Go for it.

CAPT Stream Rotar
07-10-2008, 10:40 PM
lol great job

Mike Leary
07-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Only $80,000 a year? Must have been installing Lawn Genie and Orbit. Not much %
on that stuff, hard to get by.

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Sigh.................

Waterit
07-11-2008, 12:55 AM
Not this again...

:::logs out, heads for tequila:::

brianhanson37
07-11-2008, 01:30 AM
Okay lets just chill our jets here. I was just wondering because I never saw anything when I searched.

BUT...like I asked in my original question, how did you guys get started in irrigation?

Waterit
07-11-2008, 01:51 AM
Okay lets just chill our jets here. I was just wondering because I never saw anything when I searched.
BUT...like I asked in my original question, how did you guys get started in irrigation?

The IrrigationTV thing was beaten to death on the forum last month, including a spanking from the mods...

Got started in irrigation the way most here probably did - thrown into the fire while working for a land/irr contractor, took a liking to it, dug deeper into the mechanics and technical stuff, woke up one day with a wife and 2 kids to support so I kept right on trenching...

If it's training you seek, check http://www.irrigationtutorials.com.

Stay away from IrrigationTV if you really want to learn the right way.

brianhanson37
07-11-2008, 01:56 AM
Bookmarked it! Thanks!

Now don't answer this if I'm just digging myself into a hole by asking this...but...why is everyone against ITV? Not teaching the right tactics or something? Or is he just some fake person wanting to only make money off his dvd?

Waterit
07-11-2008, 02:02 AM
Bookmarked it! Thanks!

Now don't answer this if I'm just digging myself into a hole by asking this...but...why is everyone against ITV? Not teaching the right tactics or something? Or is he just some fake person wanting to only make money off his dvd?

Simply put - he's a hack more interested in selling DVD's than being an irrigator.

Anyone disagree?

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-11-2008, 06:25 AM
To be truthful I didn't give his site more than 5 minutes of my time. Once I saw the white pvc risers my mind was made up. I'm sure the guy knows what he is doing but I'm guessing he is teaching elementary stuff to do it your selfers. Professional irrigation is a lot more than that.