PDA

View Full Version : Jandy Controller question

S&MLL
07-11-2008, 02:24 AM
I'm in the process of doing another waterfall with fiber optics and the client has a Jandy Aqua link system. Very high-end wireless remote and all. I would like to tie it into that so he doesnt have to use two separate remotes. If anyone has an idea about if its possible let me know. Otherwise this guy will be using two remotes for his pool. Maybe I should just call Jandy....I don't know. I tried to match the color wheels but I couldn't get the timing to work out. But hey his waterfall still looks amazing at night.

NightScenes
07-11-2008, 07:37 AM
The Jandy control box has several "circuits" that the owner can control with their remote. Have your electrician drop out of one of those for your fiber optics outlet or hard wire your emitter directly into the Jandy control box. It's actually pretty easy to do.

Good luck,

Chris J
07-11-2008, 08:52 AM
The Jandy control box has several "circuits" that the owner can control with their remote. Have your electrician drop out of one of those for your fiber optics outlet or hard wire your emitter directly into the Jandy control box. It's actually pretty easy to do.

Good luck,

Yep, that's the ticket. We frequently install circuits off of the Aqua Link so the HO has control of their lighting system on their existing remote. Very easy to do, and eliminates the need for additional timers/control systems.

S&MLL
07-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Thank you guys.

The Lighting Geek
07-11-2008, 02:00 PM
There are 24v relays that control each item in the Jandy or Pentair pool controllers. Each relay will control 1-240v or 2-120v circuits. You need an empty relay in order to control anything through the pool equipment controller. If none are available you can sometimes put the spa and pool light together on the same relay (if they are separate and the homeowners ok with it) and that will free up a relay. You also need room for a circuit breaker obviously. Make sure that the original installer pulled a large enough main wire to the sub panel (power center) in order to handle the additional load you will be adding. Your electrician can help you figure that out.

We work with both Jandy and Pentair and I upgrade many systems from simple electro-mechanical timers to Pentair Easy Touch or Intelli Touch systems. We also upgrade the pumps to intelli-flo or intelliflo 4x160 variable speed pumps. CA requires new pools to have a 1/2hp or variable speed pump to meet Title 20 requirements. Thats CA for ya. Usually you end up with a net power savings even after adding the landscape lighting system.

You don't have to add another controller, just replace the existing controller with a larger unit controlling more relays, unless he already has maxed out the larger unit.