PDA

View Full Version : Stihl Km 130

husk1295
07-11-2008, 02:42 AM
Hey guys i need some advise, would it be better to get the km 130 and all attachments i would need, trimmer, edger, and pruner, or should i buy these seperatly.

topsites
07-11-2008, 02:55 AM
I've never dealt with the km 130 but unless those attachments are quick-release it's not much fun to be constantly switching out heads... And even if they are quick-release for a full-timer I would rather have one of each than a swiss army knife, hope that makes sense.

freshprince94
07-11-2008, 12:48 PM
I've never dealt with the km 130 but unless those attachments are quick-release it's not much fun to be constantly switching out heads... And even if they are quick-release for a full-timer I would rather have one of each than a swiss army knife, hope that makes sense.

I agree with that...sort of.

I recommend buying the Kombi with the edger and pruner. Then, buy a dedicated trimmer. Or, get a dedicated edger and buy the trimmer attachment.

C&K
07-11-2008, 07:00 PM
I use the Kombi system. It's pretty painless to change from one to the other. But, I also have another dedicated trimmer. I don't actually change it that often. I use the Kombi as my edger and it stays on except for a couple of times a week. This arrangement gives me two trimmers when needed.