PDA

View Full Version : Augered well

Waterit
07-11-2008, 10:27 PM
Have a 2" well with Sta-Rite MSE jet pump scheduled to go in this coming Wednesday.

Don't know if I'll be able to video, ala CSR, but will have plenty of pics.

Wet_Boots
07-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Cool beans! I'm curious about the equipment used, since most of the augering stuff I see is either too heavy-duty to do small-diameter holes, or too light to be certain of getting deep enough. I saw more of the old tripod-and-drop-weight technique, for all those 1-1/4 inch points that were driven a generation ago.

Dirty Water
07-12-2008, 01:32 AM
This is how we do it up here:

http://www.vandeyachtdrilling.com/user_images/2006%20%20T-3%20Rig%20010.jpg
(Click its a big picture)

I'm guessing that Florida doesn't need the heavy equipment we need with all your sand.

Waterit
07-12-2008, 02:11 AM
I'm guessing that Florida doesn't need the heavy equipment we need with all your sand.

We'd use a rig that size along with a water truck and trailered compressor for a 4" well, which can go anywhere from 60' to 200'.

It's not all sand, we have a nice limestone layer too, not to mention various heavy-clay hardpan layers.

My own well is 180 ft. deep, and had to be drilled with the big rig. They started out hand-bailing, got to about 35' after 2 hours, and the water fell out. Instead of the 2HP centrifugal that I had the cost of a gasket invested in, I wound up with and MSE jet pump which at the time went for about $325.