PDA

View Full Version : Sod installation on weedy yard

mit
07-12-2008, 12:55 AM
Hello everyone,

I have just started my own landscaping business.
One of my clients would like to intall sod on her new house. The problem is that the top soil is full of Black medic weed and few others.

Scaping off the top soil seems to be the quickest solution but since the sprinkler system was alredy installed so there is no room for heavy equipment or tillers.

Plucking them out by hands is pretty tough because the yard is about 2500 square feet.

Please help! I dont know what to do.

Thank you all so much!

mit

atasteofnature
07-12-2008, 01:13 AM
How i found the best way is to bring in a harley rake and get most of those weeds out and stirred up and ethier use that to grade your property or bring in your pullverizer to do that. Just mark the heads so you don't run over them. Your pipes should be deep enough that you are not hitting it with a harley rake. On the other hand are you saying you can't get big equipment in there because of the other things in the way. I rented a small small tractor with a harley rake and had about the same kind of area and had it ready to go with in a few hours. The nice thing was i rented as they were closing on Saturday around 3 and didn't have to return it until monday around 8 and only had to pay 4 hours. They will usually charge you as soon as it leaves. So that gave me time to play with to get it done. Then the other important thing is to use a good start fertilizer (12-12-12) or a good root stimulator fertilizer (the second number being the biggest number ). For me it took a week and half to root and then anthoer week and half for the lines to be gone it look great. Good luck!

mit
07-12-2008, 02:27 AM
Thanks so much!

I will try it out.

bohiaa
07-13-2008, 08:46 PM
spray the infected areas, wait about 3 days then install sod