PDA

View Full Version : Spring cleanup package

gunputt
01-13-2002, 09:37 AM
Was wondering if you guys have certain basic things you do for spring cleanups, or if you just discuss with the customer what they want done.

If youre gonna drink and drive, drink Pepsi!

Randy Scott
01-13-2002, 11:12 AM
Each customer and job is specific to it's own needs and what the customer wants. I will do a little or all, whatever they want. Always trying to sell as much as possible though.

lawncare
01-13-2002, 11:14 AM
The way I do it is see what they want done giv'em a price while im there working ill point out other things such as gutters,trimming tree limbs etc. Which in turn raise the price (since I already scouted out on the first visit) kinda sneaky but ita living.

Green Care
01-13-2002, 12:50 PM
See what has to be done then tell them Ill do this this this for $

anything added add on to price.

mdb landscaping
01-13-2002, 01:12 PM
i usually tell them what i normally do for a clean up i.e.:

power broom sand off lawn
blow all leaves out of beds
de thatch
mow
bag and discard of sticks that came down

then give em my usual price.

LAWNGODFATHER
01-13-2002, 02:24 PM
Up sell always up selling

JimLewis
01-13-2002, 03:11 PM
We've done thousands of clean-ups over the years. I have 1-2 crews dedicated to just doing clean-ups from spring to late summer.

I find the best thing to do is listen to the customer when they call you. There are two basic types of clean-up customers.

1) The person who doesn't know really what needs to be done. They just know their yard looks like crap want everything cleaned up and they don't want to do it themselves.

2) The person who only wants a few select things done, and nothing else.

A lot of times I can tell which one this person is before they are done speaking. But if not, I just say, "How would you like me to do this estimate? I can go by and tell you what I think needs to be done or you can tell me exactly what you want me to do."
It's important to know which one you are talking to because you #1 will be easy to upsale things like mulch too whereas #2 will begin to get annoyed with you if you suggest other things that they didn't mention.

To answer your initial question; yes, we do have a basic clean-up package that I find most places need. That consists of; pruning + hedge trimming, weeding the flowerbeds, mowing and edging the lawn, and raking leaves. In addition, some places need new mulch or an additional service, I will itemize those services in an additional estimate so they can decide whether they want the basic clean-up or if they want to add on my other suggestions.

LAWNGODFATHER
01-13-2002, 04:23 PM
I offer everything individualy.

I do not offer a package.