PDA

View Full Version : well issue

BrandonV
07-12-2008, 04:33 PM
so i'm in a bit of a conundrum. we put in a well many years ago for one of our typical high-end homes. can't quite remember the specs but it's a good volume system, using a 2" main because of distance and I think a 3 horse pump. Anyways we of course don't use pressure switches / tanks because I like it simple and always zone accordantly and put a pressure relief valve on just in case. well the owner used us for maintenance for a while then got cheap and used a competitor, he's now seen the light and come back. while he was with the dark side they added a drip zone, which i of course never use. but regardless, they added this zone and did it by:
cut main (2"), add 1" drip valve, and then a 3/4" stub for the drip line to attach to. then they ran a butt load of drip tube. long story short it's not using 1/8th the volume of water this system wants to push and then to make matters worse it's pushed up so much pressure it's blow at a elbow a couple of times. I upped the size of the pr valve but now the drip valve isn't getting enough pressure to run the stupid amount of tube. what to do? I know in my heart that the zone is trash and I won't be able to get it to work, just looking for some ideas first. I've got a higher pr valve coming to be at 100psi instead of 75 but that's still a stupid fix to me.

Wet_Boots
07-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Can you use a Cycle Stop valve? Can the drip run concurrent with any of the zones?

Mike Leary
07-12-2008, 04:48 PM
A prv at the drip valve might work, a cycle stop will screw your other zones.

BrandonV
07-12-2008, 04:51 PM
A prv at the drip valve might work, a cycle stop will screw your other zones.

that's what i was thinking, then i just have to install a drain line for it.

Wet_Boots
07-12-2008, 04:53 PM
What's the mainline pressure?

Waterit
07-12-2008, 09:42 PM
that's what i was thinking, then i just have to install a drain line for it.

Or a gravel-filled drain pit.

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-13-2008, 12:11 AM
Convert all the drip to RB 360ts spky. Those use a bunch of water. Even if they have netafim drip just poke them in and add sprayers. Spike sprayers everywhere. Customers lov'em.

AI Inc
07-13-2008, 07:49 AM
Ok here goes Ill light the thread right up and give people reason to scream at me.
Install 3 valves for the drip all going to the same zone . Wire each valve to another rotor zone . Flame away boys.

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-13-2008, 07:55 AM
Ok here goes Ill light the thread right up and give people reason to scream at me.
Install 3 valves for the drip all going to the same zone . Wire each valve to another rotor zone . Flame away boys.

No flaming here but why not just have three pipes dumping the water back into the well? Don't know anything about wells so I'm assuming it would be like putting water back into a lake.

Kiril
07-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Why not run the other zones at the same time as the drip? Keep the drip running constantly while the other zones are watering. The ICC allows SCH D to run concurrently with other schedules.

Waterit
07-13-2008, 11:10 AM
No flaming here but why not just have three pipes dumping the water back into the well? Don't know anything about wells so I'm assuming it would be like putting water back into a lake.

Would depend on type of well, actually type of pump used on well. Wouldn't work on centrifugals or jets, questionable on submersibles. Nice thought, but too many side effects!

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Why not run the other zones at the same time as the drip? Keep the drip running constantly while the other zones are watering. The ICC allows SCH D to run concurrently with other schedules.

There is the answer. WM SL does that as well.

Wet_Boots
07-13-2008, 11:56 AM
We still need to know some pressure and flow numbers to be sure. If a CSV with a 2-3 psi insertion loss can handle the flows, and provide sufficient pressure, it becomes an option. Also, since there isn't a pressure tank or pressure switch, some form of PRV can be considered, although I think they have more pressure loss.

Dirty Water
07-13-2008, 12:30 PM

One valve can be linked to 3 rotor zones too you know :)

AI Inc
07-13-2008, 10:05 PM
One valve can be linked to 3 rotor zones too you know :)

How do you keep it from turning on the other rotor zones its wired to?

Mike Leary
07-13-2008, 10:14 PM
That's about as nuts as I've heard, other than my 521 rantings.