PDA

View Full Version : Painting lines on football field

yard_smart
07-12-2008, 05:31 PM
One of my old ass. coaches from when i played in HS called me today and asked if i would be interested in painting the field for them. . .

In the past the coaches and a few player volunteers stayed after on thursdays and painted it . . .

I guess they have some extra dough so they asked me (knowing i have a lawn care and landscaping company) if i would like do it

I told them i would have to see what the going rate is and all that stuff . . . they supply the paint and equipment . . .

so my question how much is this worth???

I'm also thinking about mowing it too . . .it looks like **** right now . . .

RD 12
07-13-2008, 11:05 AM
You can check on line W/some of the athletic supply co. and may be find a deal on few cases of paint and a sprayer. Time wise it all depends on how much you are going to stripe it.

yard_smart
07-13-2008, 02:14 PM
They are supplying the machine and paint

lawnboyscsra
07-13-2008, 11:36 PM
The intial setup will take a few hours(lines, numbers, hash marks). Then your looking at least at an hour to paint the field on a weekly basis. It really depends on how detailed the endzones and center of the field are. Painting fields can be really time consuming.

golfman26
07-20-2008, 10:34 PM
The initial layout will take you almost a day if you do it right. I take care of 3 soccer fields and 3 football fields. Take in acoount the measuring,stringing,mixing paint and taking the time and patience to get lines straight. I'm paid hourly so I can't really say what I would charge, but after the initial layout it should only take a couple hours to refresh the lines. Hope this helps.

yard_smart
07-20-2008, 11:17 PM
i told em 250 and they said never mind lol

RECESSION PROOF MOWING
08-11-2008, 01:10 AM
i told em 250 and they said never mind lol

If they couldn't handle $250 for all that work, it's a good thing you didn't get the job. Move on from these knuckleheads. $250 for that job wouldn't get me out of bed in the morning. My experience has been that when friends, relatives...COACHES, come calling on a business situation...run for the hills! They typically want something for nothing.

yard_smart
08-11-2008, 03:19 AM
mom gave me some grief and said i should do it to give back to the team but thats a **** load of work . . . .instead im power washing the bleachers for a full page add in the program!

Thanks for all the help guys