PDA

View Full Version : My new toy (Gravely 34Z)

dago52
07-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Man, this machine is fast and cuts great. I picked it up used with right at 60 hours on the clock. I had to take a 4 hour road trip, but well worth it. I know it is only a 34 inch cut, but all of my lawns are small and this is perfect.

cleancutslawncare
07-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Congrats on your purchase. Looks great.

dura to the max
07-12-2008, 10:30 PM
looks good, now go get it dirty and let it pay for itself!!!!!

KrayzKajun
07-12-2008, 10:31 PM
nice buy! congrats

dago52
07-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Thanks everyone, I can not wait to until I put this machine into action. This is my first commercial machine and the hydros are very touchy. I want to change the oil should I use a synthetic oil?

Thanks

RickR1818
07-12-2008, 10:54 PM
I love mine that I bought this year. How much did this one run you?

dura to the max
07-12-2008, 10:56 PM
exmark/toro calls for mobil-1 check to see what the manufacturer suggests. also since this is a new mower and possibly still under warranty i would definitely check into this.

S man
07-14-2008, 12:40 AM
Looks good dago. Do you remember coming to look at my phazer when I was selling it?

dago52
07-14-2008, 12:42 AM
I love mine that I bought this year. How much did this one run you?

I paid 2500 with a mulch kit. I feel that I made a smart investment. I have been searching for a decent used mower for some time now. I am so glad that the search is over.:dancing:

dago52
07-19-2008, 02:07 AM
Looks good dago. Do you remember coming to look at my phazer when I was selling it?

Yeah, that was also a nice mower. I have been out of order due to the new addition to the family. My baby boy was born on 7/16/08. Now I just need to attach his car seat to my mower!

travolta87
08-08-2008, 12:42 AM
Hey Dago

wanted to know if i can pick your brain somemore to find out your door to door approach, selling features, when and how you present price and how your law of average or closing ratio is?

Do you do alot of follow-ups or are you closing them on the spot?

:canadaflag:

Lawn Enforcer
08-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Yeah, that was also a nice mower. I have been out of order due to the new addition to the family. My baby boy was born on 7/16/08. Now I just need to attach his car seat to my mower!

Congrats on the kid!

I hope the 34Z serves you well!:weightlifter:

dago52
08-09-2008, 01:30 AM
Hey Dago

wanted to know if i can pick your brain somemore to find out your door to door approach, selling features, when and how you present price and how your law of average or closing ratio is?

Do you do alot of follow-ups or are you closing them on the spot?

:canadaflag:

I do not close every deal, but I have a pretty good closing ratio. The first thing I do is target a subdivision that I know where people have money and they do not want to maintain there own lawn. If it is a larger subdivision I zone it out and target a different zone on different days. You must be well dressed and give the customers a personal touch. I am a people person and I can adapt to any level of people. If I get a customer on the fence, I may offer an incentive to help close the deal. You just cannot except no for an answer and you must be persitant in your calls. When you make a call note their name so the on the next visit it will be personal. I just walked up to one of my new customers last weekend and landed the job on the spot. She also paid me an extra 25.00 for taking some trash out to the street for her. Now, she will past the word to her friends and the rest is history. She also wants me to do a landscaping job with an irrgation system. Anyway, sorry to bore you, but I think door to door sales has a much greater closing ratio than any flyer. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Good Luck

dago52
08-09-2008, 01:32 AM
Congrats on the kid!

I hope the 34Z serves you well!:weightlifter:

Thanks, I am still working on the mount for the car seat. (LOL)

I am also loving my new Gravely.

STIHL GUY
08-10-2008, 02:50 PM
looks like a good buy

dura to the max
08-10-2008, 10:15 PM
how does the gravely cut compared to the ariens? and is the ariens commercial grade?

MileHigh
08-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Thanks everyone, I can not wait to until I put this machine into action. This is my first commercial machine and the hydros are very touchy. I want to change the oil should I use a synthetic oil?

Thanks

hydro pumps get mobil 1 15w50

motor gets mobil 1 10w30

ALWAYS USE SYNTHETIC!!!

dago52
08-10-2008, 10:50 PM
how does the gravely cut compared to the ariens? and is the ariens commercial grade?

The gravely cuts great. The ariens is a residential unit, but it was free. I have touched the ariens mower since I got the gravely. Although the gravely is only a 34" cut, it will run circles around the ariens. I was about to pull the trigger on a new hustler then I found this deal and could not be happier. I am not knocking the hustler, I just saved over 3 grand.

dago52
08-10-2008, 10:54 PM
hydro pumps get mobil 1 15w50

motor gets mobil 1 10w30

ALWAYS USE SYNTHETIC!!!

I did a bunch of research on what type of oil to use. Since the mower only has 65 hours, I went with standard 30 weight motor oil as per manufacture. I am still undecided wether or not I will convert to synthetic motor oil. I willl change the oil and filter every 50 hours since it does not cost that much.

GravelyGuy
08-10-2008, 11:01 PM
Does that have the separate choke and throttle levers or is it just one like mine. Mine needs adjustment again for the second time. The choke doesn't close fully:rolleyes:

I run full Syn. in mine BTW. I switched over at like 200 hours. I try to change every 50, but usually goes over.

dago52
08-10-2008, 11:36 PM
It has a seperate choke lever. Do you have the 34Z?

GravelyGuy
08-11-2008, 12:42 AM
It has a seperate choke lever. Do you have the 34Z?

Yeah, I have an 04 and it has the choke and throttle as one. I wish they were separate like on yours. They made them separate on my 260Z.

KCfireman
08-11-2008, 12:51 AM
The gravely cuts great. The ariens is a residential unit, but it was free. I have touched the ariens mower since I got the gravely. Although the gravely is only a 34" cut, it will run circles around the ariens. I was about to pull the trigger on a new hustler then I found this deal and could not be happier. I am not knocking the hustler, I just saved over 3 grand.if i could save $3 grand on a new mower then i would take it too. I've never owned a huslter or gravely but that gravely does look real good!!

PLS-Tx
08-11-2008, 12:58 AM

In about 12-13 yrs you will have a good helper.

Nice Z