PDA

View Full Version : Another New Lesco

DSLND
07-13-2008, 12:08 AM
I will tell you, I am very satisfied with Lesco products.

I have been thinking about getting a 32 or a 36" WB for some time. But I just bought that new 21", so I wanted to make sure that payed for itself a few times before I spent more money.

70% of my properties are small, previously serviced with the 21" mower.

As I grow my business, I need to become more and more effecient, and I think I found the key.

I started at my Toro dealer, pricing 32/36" WB's. They wanted $2895 for a 32" fixed deck/gear drive, and another $200 for a catcher. I thought that was a little pricey, but I was willing to pay it if I didn't find another machine.

So a few days later, I was at my Lesco dealer, picking up blades, and they had a 32" on display. I asked my dealer, Matt, "What's the price on that unit?". He smiled, and said "we're trying to get rid of them". Ends up they wanted $2k for a 15hp/32" WB. I told him I would be back. I called up there Thursday, and told him to get the catcher ready, and I would be up Friday.

So I bought it. I paid $2k for the mower, and $120 for the catcher. A great deal if you ask me!

Today was the first day using the mower.... and I can't believe I have gone this far without one!

But as always, I AM IN NEED OF A BIGGER TRAILER! lol

I hope to wait until Xmas break to go get a new enclosed trailer, and then over break I have something to do (put all of my racks inside, etc.)

Here are some pictures, and please note, the bungee cords were only used today, I left my ratchet straps somewhere... I just don't know where. Off to TSC tomorrow, to get some new ones:laugh:

Have a great night!

-Mitch-

DSLND
07-13-2008, 12:09 AM
Another One....

DSLND
07-13-2008, 12:10 AM
Last One...

KS_Grasscutter
07-13-2008, 12:23 AM
I really need to find a 32" mower... Also, that looks like a very efficient equipment setup.

02DURAMAX
07-13-2008, 12:52 AM
Sem like you like lesco now!!...Thats great..I sometimes wish i had a 32 and not my 36.

Lawn Enforcer
07-13-2008, 01:16 AM
Nice addition Mitch! Yep, a new trailer is definitely needed! Good luck with your Lescos, I've never used one before, but I heard they are durable.

deere615
07-13-2008, 02:19 AM
Nice mower Mitch, you really got that trailer packed lol

DoetschOutdoor
07-13-2008, 04:17 PM
Nice mower, did you say it was hydro or gear? But why would you cramp your trailer up even more and haul around a 21" mower now? Put that little 21" mower in your garage or sell it and forget about it!

DSLND
07-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the comments.

The mower is gear driven, my 48" is hydro.

I still need the 21" mower. I have a few incredibly small yards where even a 32" is too much, and its just nice to have, especially if I just have a small area to mow, and its more hassle to get the 32" off than to just fire up the 21".

Thanks!

-Mitch-

KS_Grasscutter
07-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Would the 21 and 32 fit side by side, behind the 48? It would save having to turn them sideways all the time...

DSLND
07-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Would the 21 and 32 fit side by side, behind the 48? It would save having to turn them sideways all the time...

It was close! But we were a few inches short. If the 32" is in front, it has to be centered, that way the area between castor wheels on the 48" can wrap around the machine.

The 21" may end up sitting in the truck a lot, so I may just have the two walk behinds on the trailer.

-Mitch-

S man
07-14-2008, 01:35 AM
I only want to have a 32" exmark metro and my lazer z on my trailer! The 21"s aren't even cutting that great either. Anyway, looks good mitch. And smart move getting the 32. You guys running pistols, I've never used them. Are they going to a prob or be bad on my hands??? I'm a musician who plays piano so I don't want to have any problems with my hands after a while.

DSLND
07-14-2008, 12:59 PM
I only want to have a 32" exmark metro and my lazer z on my trailer! The 21"s aren't even cutting that great either. Anyway, looks good mitch. And smart move getting the 32. You guys running pistols, I've never used them. Are they going to a prob or be bad on my hands??? I'm a musician who plays piano so I don't want to have any problems with my hands after a while.

If I were you, I would invest into the ECS controls from eXmark. The pistol grips are nice, but over time they can mess with your hands.

-Mitch-

S man
07-15-2008, 04:58 PM
If I were you, I would invest into the ECS controls from eXmark. The pistol grips are nice, but over time they can mess with your hands.

-Mitch-

I probably will if I am going to use the mower for more than m ore than 15 min at a time. I'm getting ready to just sell off my commercial 21" I just got and grab the 32 soon. I like the $450 snapper better for trim spots than the $1141 exmark!!! No more commercial 21"s for me. No power and tooo small.

oakwdman
07-16-2008, 02:03 AM
please correct me if i am wrong but i thought that the ECS controls didnt come on the 32" exmark (unless your looking at a 36") ?

02DURAMAX
07-16-2008, 03:39 AM

-Mitch-

You can't get ECS on a 32"

02DURAMAX
07-16-2008, 03:40 AM
please correct me if i am wrong but i thought that the ECS controls didnt come on the 32" exmark (unless your looking at a 36") ?

You are correct.

metro36
07-16-2008, 10:20 AM
You can probably get the ecs conversion kit for the 32 though? I think you can but I am not sure.

lawn crafters
07-16-2008, 12:26 PM
dream scapes how do you like the mower and can you post so pics of a lawn you cut with the mower

DSLND
07-16-2008, 09:29 PM
dream scapes how do you like the mower and can you post so pics of a lawn you cut with the mower

I really like the mower, to me it was money well spent, and I should get my investment back in a few weeks:)

If I remember tomorrow, I will take a picture. It cuts great, and stripes pretty nicely too!

-Mitch-

kleankutslawn
07-16-2008, 10:23 PM
nice mower!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KS_Grasscutter
07-18-2008, 11:12 PM
I really like the mower, to me it was money well spent, and I should get my investment back in a few weeks:)

If I remember tomorrow, I will take a picture. It cuts great, and stripes pretty nicely too!

-Mitch-

How's it working out? I have GOT to do something, I picked up a new lawn with a 3 foot gate, took 58 passes to get er done with the 21" (prob. 75 to 85 feet across too :( ). That ain't gonna fly. Told my dealer to get me a price on a T-bar 32" Toro. I just really DON'T want a fixed deck, and am not going to pay for a floating deck lol.

DSLND
07-18-2008, 11:24 PM
How's it working out? I have GOT to do something, I picked up a new lawn with a 3 foot gate, took 58 passes to get er done with the 21" (prob. 75 to 85 feet across too :( ). That ain't gonna fly. Told my dealer to get me a price on a T-bar 32" Toro. I just really DON'T want a fixed deck, and am not going to pay for a floating deck lol.

I love the mower, very "simple" machine. Simple to operate, simple to maintain, it doesn't get any better.

The 32" T-bar is going to run you around $31-3200. The 32" fixed deck, gear drive pistol grip was $2875, 36" was $3k.

I paid $2k for mine, and have zero regrets!

BTW, the fixed deck is so simple. Drop the castor wheels, switch your washers, and your done. Takes me one minute to change the height.

-Mitch-

lgyardservices
07-19-2008, 02:49 PM
hey Mitch how are you liking your Toro 21"? I cant remember...is it model # 22188? I am picking that exact same mower up in a few days. =)

Green Team Landscaping
07-19-2008, 03:22 PM
How many people work for you?

J&R Landscaping
07-19-2008, 04:34 PM

They don't come standard. My Exmark dealer gets some kind of retro fit kit for them and some older ones. $250 and your all set.

Supper Grassy
07-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Nice Mower

DSLND
07-19-2008, 06:16 PM
hey Mitch how are you liking your Toro 21"? I cant remember...is it model # 22188? I am picking that exact same mower up in a few days. =)

Love the mower. Its really easy to use. Ever since I added the 32", the 21" doesn't get very much use, but its still a standard tool on the trailer.

How many people work for you?

Currently I have a part time guy (retired gentleman) who works for me two to three days per week. He's a great helper, and is fun to work with. If he is unavailable, my grandma will ride along with me and read while I work. Next year, I plan on going back to working solo. I'll have my license, so it will be easier. I'm a perfectionist on my work, and even though my helper does great work, I still want to work solo.

Nice Mower

Thanks!

-Mitch-

Icepuck72
07-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Can you get a stand on with one of those?

Green Team Landscaping
07-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Love the mower. Its really easy to use. Ever since I added the 32", the 21" doesn't get very much use, but its still a standard tool on the trailer.

Currently I have a part time guy (retired gentleman) who works for me two to three days per week. He's a great helper, and is fun to work with. If he is unavailable, my grandma will ride along with me and read while I work. Next year, I plan on going back to working solo. I'll have my license, so it will be easier. I'm a perfectionist on my work, and even though my helper does great work, I still want to work solo.

Thanks!

-Mitch-
Oh nice. Jw because you have so many mowers.

oakwdman
07-19-2008, 11:26 PM
are you geting into plowing this winter, or are you gonna wait until you have your liscense?

DSLND
07-19-2008, 11:26 PM
Can you get a stand on with one of those?

If i need to, I can go buy the bracket, and I can hook the sulky from my 48" up to this, but I don't have a use for a sulky on this machine at this time.

Oh nice. Jw because you have so many mowers.

All of these mowers I "need", I am not overequipped by any means, I am just perfect. I will be a solo operation next year, so I will need to be as effecient as possible.

Thanks!

-Mitch-

DSLND
07-19-2008, 11:27 PM
are you geting into plowing this winter, or are you gonna wait until you have your liscense?

I don't get my license until late February, so I will just wait until the next winter rolls around. There is no room in my budget to get a plow/salter this year, so that will be on the list for next year.

-Mitch-

GLS
07-19-2008, 11:29 PM
Nice machine Mitch!

The lesco machines I have seen anyone use on properties seem to leave a very nice cut. Seems like a great deal as well.

I hope that John Deere Landscapes keeps parts available for these discontinued lesco models. I might have been tempted by a lesco machine that has been sitting in the store if I wasn't worried about parts availability. But I bet you'll be fine.

I understand the perfectionist thing as well! If I wasn't so worried about the quality of work (or my brother especially), we would probably have a worker by now.

DSLND
07-19-2008, 11:34 PM
Nice machine Mitch!

The lesco machines I have seen anyone use on properties seem to leave a very nice cut. Seems like a great deal as well.

I hope that John Deere Landscapes keeps parts available for these discontinued lesco models. I might have been tempted by a lesco machine that has been sitting in the store if I wasn't worried about parts availability. But I bet you'll be fine.

I understand the perfectionist thing as well! If I wasn't so worried about the quality of work (or my brother especially), we would probably have a worker by now.

Thanks Ryan!

I talked to Matt here in Peoria and he said I will be fine. They really are great people!

I still want some pictures of that new addition to your operation! lol

How about the 95? Are you guys going to sell it?

-Mitch-

GLS
07-20-2008, 12:20 PM
That's good to hear Mitch.

Pictures of the new truck are finally up here: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=2426449#post2426449

We are going to keep the '95 for now as a backup.