PDA

View Full Version : President bush came to town

shade tree landscaping
07-13-2008, 08:18 AM
These are some old pics, back in april the president came to town here to speak about the credit/mortgage crisis. They had all of us firefighters there in case something went wrong, but when he went in to speack the secret service let us board the helicopter adn take a look. I have been really busy and haven't been able to post the pics, but heres a few really cool ones in and around Marine 1

shade tree landscaping
07-13-2008, 08:26 AM
how do you re-size the pics?

AI Inc
07-13-2008, 09:16 AM
I think I saw that

LawnTamer
07-13-2008, 10:43 AM
Yeah, he came here too..

shade tree landscaping
07-13-2008, 11:11 AM
now lets see if this works

now I am not a Bush fan by any means, however its not that ofton that I get a chance to board a presidential helicoptor!

doubleedge
07-13-2008, 02:09 PM
I fail to see why people hate Bush... Do you hate him for lowering taxes? Maybe you hate him for defending this country from terrorists? Or do you hate him for vetoing the 'updated' SCHIP program that would cost Americans around 20 billion dollars so we can pay the health insurance for illegal aliens and people that already had it? That bill would have been the highest tax increase in the US history btw (tobacco tax of up to 2000%). I dont smoke, but somehow, 2000% may be a little much, eh?

Maybe you could enlighten me as to why he is a bad president.

TwistedSister
07-13-2008, 03:01 PM
I fail to see why people hate Bush... Do you hate him for lowering taxes? Maybe you hate him for defending this country from terrorists? Or do you hate him for vetoing the 'updated' SCHIP program that would cost Americans around 20 billion dollars so we can pay the health insurance for illegal aliens and people that already had it? That bill would have been the highest tax increase in the US history btw (tobacco tax of up to 2000%). I dont smoke, but somehow, 2000% may be a little much, eh?

Maybe you could enlighten me as to why he is a bad president.

FINALLY...a rational american...AMEN:usflag::usflag::usflag:

nosparkplugs
07-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Time is on Bush's side, only after he leave's office, will the haters realize what he has done to help our country. Oh,:nono: I'm sure the speculators will be right their to eat their own words:laugh:

Great pictures :usflag:

TMAC669
07-13-2008, 04:03 PM
Time is on Bush's side, only after he leave's office, will the haters realize what he has done to help our country. Oh,:nono: I'm sure the speculators will be right their to eat their own words:laugh:

Yeah Bush is the greatest thing since sliced bread!:usflag:

Lawn_Boy
07-13-2008, 04:20 PM

Amen! People complain we have a bad President now, but just wait.

LawnTamer
07-13-2008, 05:48 PM
I don't hate Bush, but he hasn't been a good president. He has increased domestic spending more than any president since FDR. He has virtually gutted the 4th amendment. I'm not sure how history will view him, but it won't view him as a conservative. That being said, he is better than Gore or Kerry.

Shade Tree, Bush fan or not, those are very cool pics. Anytime you can sit at the controls of Airforce one, it is worth a pic or two.:clapping::clapping:

doubleedge
07-13-2008, 06:09 PM
I don't hate Bush, but he hasn't been a good president. He has increased domestic spending more than any president since FDR. He has virtually gutted the 4th amendment. I'm not sure how history will view him, but it won't view him as a conservative. That being said, he is better than Gore or Kerry.

Shade Tree, Bush fan or not, those are very cool pics. Anytime you can sit at the controls of Airforce one, it is worth a pic or two.:clapping::clapping:

What has Bush increased spending on? I haven't heard of many things that he has. In most or all cases, it was necessary.

And gutted the 4th amendment? So you would risk a single American life because you didn't want to violate someone's privacy? I think the safety of the US is much more important than risking the government will find out that your daughter got a new boyfriend (just an example), no?

jdmcat
07-13-2008, 07:02 PM
It baffles me how Bush haters see him as a bumbling idiot yet an evil mastermind, all at the same time.

LawnTamer
07-13-2008, 07:32 PM
What has Bush increased spending on? I haven't heard of many things that he has. In most or all cases, it was necessary.

And gutted the 4th amendment? So you would risk a single American life because you didn't want to violate someone's privacy? I think the safety of the US is much more important than risking the government will find out that your daughter got a new boyfriend (just an example), no?

Freedom has inherent risks. Your argument against the 4th amendment could be used against about any of them. It is the same argument the anti-gun people use to justify denying the 2nd amendment. There is risk in letting people own and keep firearms, in letting people exercise free speech, in not forcing people to incriminate themselves, in guaranteeing people the right to a trial by their peers or in allowing people to be secure in their privacy. It is inevitable that some will exercise their rights unwisely, there will be lives lost. The framers of the constitution knew and understood this, however, they also knew that those abuses and lives lost would pale in comparison with the abuses that can be wrought on a people by a government run amok. So they set limits on government.

One of those limits was that government could not breech the privacy of its citizens without obtaining a search warrant from a court of law. It is a very important check on government. FISA courts were set up so the Justice Dept could obtain a warrant anytime 24/7 from a secret court. The fact that the Bush admin felt they could bypass the FISA court and spy on Americans without warrants is scary to anyone but a goose-stepping fascist.

As to Bush's lack of fiscal conservatism. Don't be fooled because he has an "R" next to his name.

Here is a paragraph from an article by C. Bradley Thompson. The numbers were compiled by an guy named Slivinski and confirmed by the Cato institute, a highly respected conservative think tank. I took the liberty of putting some of it in bold. This only represents stats from Bush's first term. 2nd term stats won't be available till next year.

"Here are some hard facts. Government spending has increased faster under George Bush and his Republican Congress than it did under Bill Clinton, and more people work for the federal government today than at any time since the end of the Cold War. During Bush’s first term, total government spending skyrocketed from $1.86 trillion to $2.48 trillion, an increase of 33 percent (almost $23,000 per household, the highest level since World War II). The federal budget grew by $616.4 billion during Bush’s first term in office. If post 9/11 defense spending is taken off the table, domestic spending has ballooned by 23 percent since Bush took office. When Bill Clinton left office in 2000, federal spending equaled 18.5 percent of the gross domestic product, but by the end of the first Bush administration, government outlays had increased to 20.3 percent of the GDP. The annualized growth rate of non-defense and non-homeland-security outlays has more than doubled from 2.1 percent under Clinton to 4.8 percent under Bush."

Sorry shade tree, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I really do think your pics are very cool. I would love to see Airforce 1 like that, even if Obama was president.:cry:

I won't respond to anymore comments on this thread, but would invite any who wish to discuss the FISA bypass, or Bush economics to join a thread, or start one in the political forum here. It is very active and we have a grand old time debating such matters.

Shade Tree, was anyone, like secret service people, watching you when you were in the helicopter? I am amazed that they let ya'll sit in the cockpit. The secret service must really like firemen.:laugh:

shade tree landscaping
07-13-2008, 10:24 PM
maybe none of you have heard Bush make a speach!?!? how about $4 a gallon gas? Did everyone forget about hurricane Katrina? Maybe a meaningless war, and over 4000 BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN WHO HAVE LOST THEIR LIFVES in a place called IRAQ? I can keep going on about why I dislike Bush as a president!!

Did I vote for bush both of his terms YES! Second term I voted for him because of my other options were not that promising! Overall as a president I don't feel that he did a very good job! IF he was up for re-election, I dont think that I would vote for him again IF this were his first term! I didn't intend to make this therd into a political battle, Bush bashing, or anything along those lines! I am an American, and support the descisions that my president makes, weather I agree with them or not!

LAWN TAMER...at least somone realizes why this thread was started in the first place! Awsome pics, once in a ifetime chance to sit in the cockpit of the presidents helicoptor!!

DOUBLE EDGE: Please inlighten (<----spelling??) me as to how he has defended this country from terrorists!?!!? He has taken very valuable resources away from where they should be (afghanstain) and placed them into a place that we have NO BUSINESSS being in in the first place(IRAQ)!!!! I don't put the blame of Sept. 11 on him by any means, however he has no defended this country the way that he could be or should be!

SchultzLawnCare
07-13-2008, 10:25 PM
I agree.... bush is a great defender of our country... I will hate to see our new president... :/

shade tree landscaping
07-13-2008, 10:29 PM
LAWN TAMER: the secret service was half an arm length away, and had restrictions as far what we can and can not take pics of, won't get into specifics on that. As far as them allowing us into the cockpit, we were checked out by the secret service 7 days before he arrived in town, and briefed by them for 2 days leading up to his arrivial. All we did was stand by in case of an emergency, and being all volunteer, all taking off a day of wark to be there, that was their "thank you" I soppose. Although I would have loved to get a pic with just me and the president, then again I would love 100million dollars too!!

LawnTamer
07-13-2008, 10:54 PM
LAWN TAMER: the secret service was half an arm length away, and had restrictions as far what we can and can not take pics of, won't get into specifics on that. As far as them allowing us into the cockpit, we were checked out by the secret service 7 days before he arrived in town, and briefed by them for 2 days leading up to his arrivial. All we did was stand by in case of an emergency, and being all volunteer, all taking off a day of wark to be there, that was their "thank you" I soppose. Although I would have loved to get a pic with just me and the president, then again I would love 100million dollars too!!

Who wouldn't!

Like I said, whether you agree with Bush or not, to be there and see how the secret service works, and how the most powerful man in the world travels and is protected is pretty cool.

I lived in Iceland for a while, and saw the president of Iceland once. She was shopping at the mall:laugh::laugh: No visible bodyguards, but then again, Iceland only has like 250,000 people. The point it, it was still cool. Wish you would have gotten the pic w/ "W", that would have been cool.

ViceNut
07-13-2008, 11:24 PM
very cool pictures! I voted for Bush and support him as well. Just skeered of the next one that might get in there. This one its not who's better, its whose less worse, but even under those circumstances, this will still be an easy decision on who to vote for.

I got a picture with W back when he was running the first time around. He came to a breakfast type restaurant downtown here and I was lucky enough to get a picture with just me and him. Very cool. Doesn't really look like me now though haha. I was 14 at the time. :laugh:

Lawn Enforcer
07-14-2008, 01:09 AM
Holy shipwreck! That is so cool that you got those pics, thanks for putting them up man!

Steve V.
07-14-2008, 02:30 AM
Just a minor point here boys but that is not Air Force One. That is Marine One. Air Force One is the Jet. Very cool pictures though. I have seen both W (in the limo driving by) and his dad (getting off of Air Force One and getting on Marine One). It's pretty neat getting to see the President.

Steve

mikekinney
07-14-2008, 08:07 AM
Please get real

cgaengineer
07-14-2008, 09:04 AM
maybe none of you have heard Bush make a speach!?!? how about $4 a gallon gas? Did everyone forget about hurricane Katrina? Maybe a meaningless war, and over 4000 BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN WHO HAVE LOST THEIR LIFVES in a place called IRAQ? I can keep going on about why I dislike Bush as a president!!

Did I vote for bush both of his terms YES! Second term I voted for him because of my other options were not that promising! Overall as a president I don't feel that he did a very good job! IF he was up for re-election, I dont think that I would vote for him again IF this were his first term! I didn't intend to make this therd into a political battle, Bush bashing, or anything along those lines! I am an American, and support the descisions that my president makes, weather I agree with them or not!

LAWN TAMER...at least somone realizes why this thread was started in the first place! Awsome pics, once in a ifetime chance to sit in the cockpit of the presidents helicoptor!!

DOUBLE EDGE: Please inlighten (<----spelling??) me as to how he has defended this country from terrorists!?!!? He has taken very valuable resources away from where they should be (afghanstain) and placed them into a place that we have NO BUSINESSS being in in the first place(IRAQ)!!!! I don't put the blame of Sept. 11 on him by any means, however he has no defended this country the way that he could be or should be!

I did enjoy your pictures, however I wanted to write my opinion.

How about the nearly 3000 men, woman and children who lost their lives in the World Trade Center? How about the fact since we have been in Iraq we have not had another attack on US soil...Remember those who are fighting in Iraq chose to sign up for military, those who died in the Trade Center were just innocent people going to work that day.

By the way this is on subject because along with your pictures you had to say you were not a Bush supporter which opened you up for a discussion.

Most of the soldiers in Iraq feel they should/need to be there...what you see in the leftist media is the ones who signed up thinking they were going to get a free education without having to serve for our country. Bring back our soldiers right now without finishing our job and every single soldier that died over there died in vain.

Since you are a firefighter here is an example: You go into a burning house to save 2 children and you are almost there when your chief orders you to return empty handed...how would you feel when you were so close but were ordered back?

cgaengineer
07-14-2008, 09:09 AM

Right on the money...

poolboy
07-14-2008, 04:04 PM
WOW!!! This thread got hijacked in record time.

doubleedge
07-14-2008, 04:40 PM
I did enjoy your pictures, however I wanted to write my opinion.

How about the nearly 3000 men, woman and children who lost their lives in the World Trade Center? How about the fact since we have been in Iraq we have not had another attack on US soil...Remember those who are fighting in Iraq chose to sign up for military, those who died in the Trade Center were just innocent people going to work that day.

By the way this is on subject because along with your pictures you had to say you were not a Bush supporter which opened you up for a discussion.

Most of the soldiers in Iraq feel they should/need to be there...what you see in the leftist media is the ones who signed up thinking they were going to get a free education without having to serve for our country. Bring back our soldiers right now without finishing our job and every single soldier that died over there died in vain.

Since you are a firefighter here is an example: You go into a burning house to save 2 children and you are almost there when your chief orders you to return empty handed...how would you feel when you were so close but were ordered back?

I agree :usflag:.