PDA

View Full Version : Board of directors

lawnmogul
07-13-2008, 08:23 PM
I have just assembled a board of directors to guide my lawn care and landscaping company.All it cost me is taking care of their lawns to have years and years of wisdom at my fingertips.

DaughtryLC
07-13-2008, 09:41 PM
;)What?;)What?;)

JB1
07-13-2008, 09:43 PM
I have just assembled a board of directors to guide my lawn care and landscaping company.All it cost me is taking care of their lawns to have years and years of wisdom at my fingertips.

whatever floats your boat, good luck.

Grass Happens
07-13-2008, 10:04 PM
While I'm sure they have a plethora of business knowledge, how much of it it transferable to (what I assume is a) small service based business.

lawnmogul
07-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Well i guess it has to do with how you see yourself are you in the lawn care business or property enhancement business one creates a job the other creates a business with many arms.

KrayzKajun
07-13-2008, 10:27 PM
hmmm! seems to me like they suckered you into cutting thier grass for free!

lawnmogul
07-13-2008, 10:33 PM
Yeah i guess they did seeing how they sent me 10 customers in 2 days guess i got suckered kajun.

lawnman_scott
07-14-2008, 12:17 AM
I have just assembled a board of directors to guide my lawn care and landscaping company.All it cost me is taking care of their lawns to have years and years of wisdom at my fingertips.Is this the same group that helped you get into auto detailing and selling meat door to door? How do you find the time anyway?

lawnmogul
07-14-2008, 12:53 AM
Not worth answering waste of valuable time

Az Gardener
07-14-2008, 01:03 AM
Can you give us a brief rundown of their business experience? How many are on the board? I see value to this but there has to be some real thought put into it and have a meeting and be taken seriously by the participants. How often do you have meetings?

lawnmogul
07-14-2008, 01:21 AM
The board consist of a pastor,businessowner/councilmen,fellow LCO with a large company he sold.We meet once per quarter face to face for 30 minutes.Phone meetings once a month for 20 minutes.Met all of these people thru the auto detailing business i own also.

bohiaa
07-14-2008, 11:14 PM
Sounds like you are really putting THEM to work.

it's Kind of like having a FRONT MAN,

I have been faced with a situwation like this.

other people have a multitude of contaics and are GREAT sellers.

also wonderfull for mentors. I had a friend in the business who was well lets say not so easy on the eyes, and just wasn't a people person he hired a FRONT MAN. salesman what ever ya want to call it.
he never seen most of his customers and in a few short years he was running a co with 17 employees.

I hope this is a GREAT move for you and let us know how it turns out