PDA

View Full Version : flowers around apartment sign

cooltype
07-14-2008, 05:22 PM
apartment complex i mow main sign before flowers then after and a pic of it now a couple months later. I guess miracle grow works, they did pretty well. Now it just needs some fresh mulch that stuff faded out quick!

KrayzKajun
07-14-2008, 05:26 PM
nice work!!

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
07-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Fire your weed puller. And by the view it doesn't look like the same sign.

MJS
07-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Fire your weed puller. And by the view it doesn't look like the same sign.

Could be the opposite side. . . ?

It does look nice, though.

JohnnyRoyale
07-14-2008, 06:08 PM
No offense, but it looks like you were hoping the miracle grow would miraculously fill rest of the bed. Not enough flower coverage for that bed size, and I personally cant stand to see annuals planted in mulched beds. But thats just my opinion.

Green Finger
07-14-2008, 06:17 PM
nice work. Good job

pj550v12
07-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Wow that mulch faded fast. Honestly, the dull mulch is enough to make the whole job look just ok.

BrandonLawns
07-15-2008, 02:13 AM
i would use a dark mulch

cooltype
07-15-2008, 11:15 AM
yeah its been about 4 months actually i just realized. the bed is too big if you ask me, it had shrubs around the columns and sky pencil hollys on each side of the marble center at one time but they started dying and the owner had me rip them all out. i wanted to plant some knockout rosebushes and stuff in there but he just wants annuals now so i stopped asking.

and not the same sign?? lol yeah i lied about planting flowers around a sign dude :hammerhead: you got me!

oh and the guy that works for the complex usually rounds up the weeds he just hasnt had time. im probably going to clean those out today when i mow

i have tried to remulch the whole place but the owner has me doing too many other things so he doesnt want it right now.

i would use a dark mulch
i thought you liked my albino mulch??? go put me some fresh in there and roundup those couple weeds too please!

cooltype
07-23-2008, 10:23 AM
here i remulched it lol

JohnnyRoyale
07-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Why didn't you use that imaging software (of MS PAINT) before you thought up this boring and tiny planting arrangement. You would have realized it still looks like crap.

MJS
07-23-2008, 05:40 PM
Why didn't you use that imaging software (of MS PAINT) before you thought up this boring and tiny planting arrangement. You would have realized it still looks like crap.

It's an improvement over bare mulch.

cooltype
07-23-2008, 11:28 PM

and thats why Ive got the money, and you still just have the time!!! cause your a prick.

Green Team Landscaping
07-24-2008, 12:19 AM
Thats nice, although my favorite is the harley place around here that has flowers the colors, and in the shape of the harley davidson logo. it's sweet. Nice work though

02DURAMAX
07-24-2008, 01:21 AM
Looks Better!

PerfectEarth
07-24-2008, 08:54 AM
Sorry cooltype, but that is not the most impressive annual bed... You need to really mass those petunias and fill the bed for a really good look- try one or two colors only, those mixes look cheesy, IMO. Ditch those random caladiums and the two tiny pockets of begonias- they aren't doing anything but hanging out and looking awkward... The cannas are ok, but you need to beef up the sign with some permanent foundation. Try and sell them on some grasses or evergreen shrubs, maybe something columnar on the sides to anchor the corners.... It needs some height. Thanks for reading!

PerfectEarth
07-24-2008, 09:01 AM
Not to hijack you thread, but here's an example of an entrace I do- plugged in the perennials and grasses last year- they were tiny! But they provide a no-maintenance, hardy backdrop. And MASS flowers... people want to be "wowed" when they drive in.

Runner
07-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Cooltype,..Hey, just out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking, what software do YOU use to do images like that?

Guzman Properties
07-24-2008, 01:21 PM
Hey did you crop the sign too, I passed by there the other day and it said "LANDSCAPER WANTED"

Supper Grassy
07-24-2008, 01:28 PM
Nice Work, looks good

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
07-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Nice job PerfectEarth, thats the way an entrance should be. As to the origanl poster, it looked bad before you started and unfortunately, afterwards it still looks bad. Just because you mow grass doesn't mean your a landscaper. Might stick to other things.

JohnnyRoyale
07-24-2008, 05:31 PM
and thats why Ive got the money, and you still just have the time!!! cause your a prick.

The only money you got brother is what you saved in flowers...yeah i'm a prick, I'l be the first to admit it, your mother will be the second. And your a loser, cuz you can't take constructive criticism. Grow up, and learn from the pros, who offer you advice, rather than amuse them with some lame, cropped, mulch infill copy and paste crap. The first thing you should have done was go back to that property after we all harped on you and throw in another $20 of flowers on each side of that sign. Shame on you.

MJS
07-24-2008, 05:54 PM
The only money you got brother is what you saved in flowers...yeah i'm a prick, I'l be the first to admit it, your mother will be the second. And your a loser, cuz you can't take constructive criticism. Grow up, and learn from the pros, who offer you advice, rather than amuse them with some lame, cropped, mulch infill copy and paste crap. The first thing you should have done was go back to that property after we all harped on you and throw in another $20 of flowers on each side of that sign. Shame on you.

Getting a little bit worked up? :laugh:

I think the positive criticism used by PerfectEarth was exemplary. . .

The flower bed doesn't look "great", but, as I said before, it is certainly an improvement over what was there, and I must say that I've seen much, much worse in front of apartment complexes.

JohnnyRoyale
07-25-2008, 06:35 AM
You're right, a little much. But it pisses me off when I see someone that posts pics of work looking for criticism, get their panties in a knot when what they hear isn't what they expected.

cooltype
07-25-2008, 04:30 PM
that was just paint lol but it was a joke. obviously some people on here cant take those very lightly.

Ditch those random caladiums and the two tiny pockets of begonias- they aren't doing anything but hanging out and looking awkward

yeah your right, those were left overs from a bunch of planters i did around the complex prob shouldnt have put them in. I wanted to put grasses on each side of the sign and maybe some knockout rose bushes around the colums? something like that anyways but the owner didnt want it because the evergreens the other landscaper planted around there died , oh well maybe later but those flowers do look nice

Hey did you crop the sign too, I passed by there the other day and it said "LANDSCAPER WANTED"

must have went by there 2 years ago when they went thru 3 companies cause everybody sucked till i came along. long ride from NJ too you must not be very busy with work if you are cruising around down in TN this time of year

and i could care less to hear anything from you albery you sound like an idiot

oh and nice mom joke johnny to bad those are for third graders, my mom is too hot for you anyways. i wasnt trying to amuse you i was amusing myself and you sure dont act like a pro ive only heard garbage from you. PerfectEarth is who you need to learn from if you want to start giving constructive criticism.

Thanks to all you normal people who arent bickering over a sign with flowers i just happened to have a picture of like its life or death situation, and thanks for the good advice

JohnnyRoyale
07-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Easy there...I was kidding.

BTW-you got any pics of that hot mom of yours, or would you like me to send you some?

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
07-25-2008, 05:27 PM
I might be an idiot but atleast I do good work. Hell I've seen homeowners do better then that crap. Maybe you should go try something easier like flipping burgers. McDonalds is always hiring. And don't post pics of a crap job and expect everyone to tell you how great it looks.

Guzman Properties
07-25-2008, 05:28 PM
must have went by there 2 years ago when they went thru 3 companies cause everybody sucked till i came along. long ride from NJ too you must not be very busy with work if you are cruising around down in TN this time of year

Actually I was flying over TN going to Las Vegas with mucho $$$$$.:cool2:

FTGUprprtyMaint
07-25-2008, 05:31 PM
that was just paint lol but it was a joke. obviously some people on here cant take those very lightly.

yeah your right, those were left overs from a bunch of planters i did around the complex prob shouldnt have put them in. I wanted to put grasses on each side of the sign and maybe some knockout rose bushes around the colums? something like that anyways but the owner didnt want it because the evergreens the other landscaper planted around there died , oh well maybe later but those flowers do look nice

and i could care less to hear anything from you albery you sound like an idiot

oh and nice mom joke johnny to bad those are for third graders, my mom is too hot for you anyways. i wasnt trying to amuse you i was amusing myself and you sure dont act like a pro ive only heard garbage from you. PerfectEarth is who you need to learn from if you want to start giving constructive criticism.

Thanks to all you normal people who arent bickering over a sign with flowers i just happened to have a picture of like its life or death situation, and thanks for the good advice

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Runner
07-26-2008, 11:34 AM
Oh, ok,...DUH!!! I don't know WHAT I was thinking. When I was looking at the pic (post #10), I didn't put 2 and 2 together to realize the plants and flowers were the same that were planted.lol I was think9ng the whole bed picture was done with a program like Landscaper Pro. I would love a decent program, but I just can't justify 800 or so bucks for one at this time - as I don't get that much use for it.

cooltype
07-26-2008, 06:49 PM
yeah lol i was just goofing around, i wish there was a good program you can get at a descent price, but you get what you pay for i guess.

MileHigh
07-26-2008, 06:51 PM
Looks like the apartment sign needs some mulch

cooltype
04-16-2009, 10:37 PM
no ****. Havent been on this website in a year i see it is still full of fags

Kennedy Landscaping
04-16-2009, 10:37 PM
Wow, I remember this thread from a while back lol. Looks good still

2brothersyardcare
04-17-2009, 10:50 AM
woooooooooow id get it looks ok ive seen better but we