PDA

View Full Version : Little Wonder Deal or Not

Harvestman
01-14-2002, 10:26 AM
I Have a chance to buy a 3 year old little wonder that has only been used a couple of times.So the owner says! It has a 8 H.P. motor so i'm assumeing its a briggs.I haven't seen it yet but the owner says it still has the nubs on the tires. He wants $500. for it. I'm looking for some opinions on buying this thing,what it is worth or should I hold out for a Honda motor? Thanks In Advance..... Harvestman

ohiolawnguy
01-14-2002, 02:38 PM
if it is the old style fan housing, which is rather small, then dont waste your time. if it is the newer stle fanhousing which is almost twice the size, then i would say maybe.

if the engine is good, and the housing is in good shape its not a bad deal,, but not a great deal either, around here, a new 8 hp little wonder with B+S motor goes for $750.00. id try to talk him down some even if everything works good

Little wonder now make a 9hp blower with a honda motor, but is is around $900 new.

ohiolawnguy
01-14-2002, 02:44 PM
I kinda misread part of your thread, heclaims it has only been use a couple times. if you go checkit out, ad it really has only been used a coule times, then the muffler should still look fairly new, and have that odd smell all new eqipment does when being ran new. i hope this helps you some in making your decision.

All we run are little wonder blowers anymore, because they seem to be the best deal for the money around here.

lawnkid
01-14-2002, 07:10 PM
Tell him to lower that price immediately! That's a ridiculous amount of money for a used blower. I'ts a really good blower but I found one in the paper that I'm buying that has a 8hp Briggs that was only used two times for 500 and it was bought in the fall of 2001. What a great deal. Good Luck

Indiana
01-14-2002, 08:59 PM
I only paid $600 for my new Little Wonder 8 hp blower. Bought it at the dealer and it was brand new unit with large fan. Never had gas in it. Delaer just wanted to move it...

I think he made a mistake on the price but it was his mistake if he did....

I think $500 for a used blower is way too much... I would say lower price or I don't come to even look at it...

My .02 cents...........

rodfather
01-15-2002, 02:06 PM
If you ask me, that sounds like an awful lot for a 3 year, used blower. Maybe if it was never used and sat on the dealer's floor for that time, you might consider it then.

John DiMartino
01-15-2002, 04:56 PM
I got my 8hp HO for 750, I got a 13hp HO Honda for 1179,the 9 honda was 1000,soid get the briggs 8,or skip right to the13,which rocks BTW.