PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to CopperMoon Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
07-15-2008, 12:54 AM
After having met Doug Shumate at the AOLP conference this past January I have been trying out some product from CopperMoon Lighting this year.

I have to say that dealing with Doug has been a very good experience thus far. Today I called him about a packaging and shipping issue and he was on the phone with me in under 30 seconds. The issue is being resolved and he is shipping me some components to 'make up for my trouble'.

Doug is also open to contractor comments, suggestions and criticisms of his line which is a very refreshing change when compared to most manufacturers. Having offered a couple of suggestions to improve some fixtures, I am looking forward to see how things develop.

Dealing directly with the owners of a company has some strong advantages... It is nice that he listens and reacts quickly and decisively. Sort of reminds me a bit of dealing with Bill Locklin. :)

Compare this with the level of service I recently received from Vista.... I was on a site installing a dozen louvered step lights into a masonry wall when I found a problem with the housings. I called Vista and was told that the person I needed to speak with was on Vacation. When I asked to speak to someone else I was sent to a voicemail box where I left a message urging them to return my call ASAP. That was about two weeks ago. No callback yet, and I would assume I will never get that call.

Kudos to you Doug & CopperMoon... keep up the good work.

Eden Lights
07-15-2008, 12:57 AM
James, What products have you used from CM that you like?

klkanders
07-15-2008, 01:15 AM
Yes, many of us here have had the same service from Doug! He is a great guy and is always willing to help!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
07-15-2008, 01:32 AM
The CM.125 - Raw Brass Bullet. Big, Sturdy, Old School Fixture.

The CM.875 - Raw Brass Small Flood. Again very sturdy. Watch your viewing angles.

The CM.890 - Raw Brass Large Flood. Its a WAML killer if you ask me. Nice optics, sturdy design, frosted lens is std. Dimpled reflector.

The CM.730/20 CG - Copper Top / Brass Stem Pathlight. Nice output, not sure if I am 100% sold on the hat design yet, but the clients have had no issues. "Commercial Grade" refers to the much beefier brass tube stem. Not as much glare control as the std version but it doesnt look like it is assembled from plumbing parts either.

The CM.835 - Surface Mount louvered step/wall light. I have installed two on a very old granite retaining wall. They look nice, very effective, some glare when viewed from below on an elevation.

I have not tried any of the ingrade well lights yet, but will check them out soon.

I have a bunch of samples here of their other products, which for a variety or reasons do not meet my needs or specifications. They seem to do a very nice job with their di-cast brass products.

NightScenes
07-15-2008, 08:55 AM
Doug and his salesman Wade are top notch in my book. I have a VERY hard time selling copper around here though so I don't get to buy very much of his products although I have tried. These are very good fixtures that are built to last.

Pro-Scapes
07-15-2008, 09:47 AM
I have been dealing with Doug for some time now and he definatly is a down to Earth guy. We recently had a visit with Doug and as always it was a pleasure.

His cm125 bullet is a great piece. the 135 is its big brother. Try them in the antiqued finish. I never liked the raw brass. When you can see the fixtures I do still sometimes preffer a more compact fixture.

Doug does have alot of great fixtures but the line is soft in some areas such as down lights and tree lights.

If you EVER have a problem tho he will handle it very fast.