PDA

View Full Version : NS Dualiter alternative

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
07-15-2008, 03:36 AM
I am looking for a copper or brass alternative to the Nightscaping Dualiter. A slim profile, up/down light using MR16 lamps.

Something with just a bit more fit and finish would be nice.

Not interested in Aluminium, Paint Grade or Stainless Steel thanks.

http://www.nightscaping.com/dualiter_cu.htm#

Have a great day.

pihta
07-15-2008, 04:47 AM
Not the same shape, but we use Unique's Orion9-12V with two MR-16 installed... some time with different wattages on up and down side (up 35w, down 20w for ex)

Lite4
07-15-2008, 08:42 AM
James,
I know you hate Vista but here is what I suggest. The Vista 2522, very similar to the dualiter but much cleaner looking in my opinion.
Good luck on your quest.

irrig8r
07-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Have you looked at Beachside?

http://www.beachsidelighting.com/pdf/beachside_lighting_catalog.pdf

irrig8r
07-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Here's one:

http://www.beachsidelighting.com/images/architectural_l-013_l.jpg

http://www.beachsidelighting.com/pdf/SPEC_L-013_L-013-S.pdf

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
07-16-2008, 12:01 AM
Tim thank you so much... I have not seen that fixture before from Vista. I guess my catalogs are old. And no, I don't "hate" Vista, I just find that their customer service and delivery times are sometimes lacking. I actually use a moderate amount of Vista product here and there.

Gregg; that Beachside fixture is a bit long and a bit too shiny for the application, but thanks for bringing my attention to it.

Have a great day.

Lite4
07-16-2008, 12:17 AM
Great! I am glad that helped.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
07-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Tim, although there is a BIG difference in the cost between the NS and the Vista product... (the vista is twice the price) the client will be going with the Vista.

Thanks for the suggestion and info.

Regards.

Lite4
07-17-2008, 11:45 PM
You bet. I am glad I could help.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
07-22-2008, 11:57 PM
Hey Tim, get this....

So I show the client both the Nightscaping Dualiter and the Vista 2522. I am thinking the Vista is going to be the pick, no question about it.

WRONG!

The client prefers the more rustic looking Dualiter. So, as the old saying goes... The client is always right... The Dualiter it is.

Have a great day.

Lite4
07-23-2008, 02:10 AM
Wow, go figuire. Like you said, it's the customers house so it's the customers choice. The dualliter is not a bad looking fixture though. I just like how clean the vista fixture is. Personal preference. TomAto.. TomOto

sprinklerchris
07-24-2008, 04:51 PM
I had great luck with the 2522 Vista. The fit and finish is fantastic. Very clean fixture. Also available as 2521 with just the down-light.

Delivery to us is fast if the distributor orders in a timely manner. Vista ships most orders in one day, but if my distributor sits on the order forever Vista's shipping looks bad.

:usflag:

klkanders
03-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Bringing this one back. Does anyone know of a similar style of copper fixture in a larger 120V style?

Keith

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
03-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Keith there are so many up/down lights on the market. Almost every single manufacturer makes them. Finding it in raw copper might be a bit of a challenge.

Why 120Volt and exactly what lamp specification?

You could always use the Vista 2522 CSN and convert the sockets over to Gu10 (120V MR16 lamps). Just watch your heat spec. as the 2522 is only rated to 35W lamps.

Intense Lighting's Vortex line is awesome, but stainless steel.
BK makes a wide variety of 120V up/down fixtures, but I dont think they come in Copper.

Try searching on www.lightinguniverse.com They have a huge library of fixtures.

Pro-Scapes
03-26-2009, 11:44 PM
Does it need to be tubular Kieth or just a clean looking up and down ? Unique Chamerlain 12 is a real clean light and works well. Avalible in 120 or 12v.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
03-27-2009, 12:58 AM
Tubular man (or perhaps cylindrical?), but not grody to the maaxx. :)

klkanders
03-27-2009, 01:17 AM
James, Billy
Thanks for the suggestions. I should have also explained what I am trying to accomplish.
My brother's home has the typical covered entry supported on the front with the two brick covered columns with ugly (glare bomb) coach lanterns. I told him I couldn't stand looking at them any longer and was going to change them out. They are 120v.
The home has landscape lighting with a trans. on front and one trans. in the backyard. I have been wanting to experiment with Controlscape or similar and think maybe his home should be the one to practice on. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Keith

Pro-Scapes
03-27-2009, 08:11 AM
If they are already 120v no reason to make it 12v. Install a 120v scone. Lamp it properly then incorperate it by installing a controlled switch for the lightswitch that controls them.

X 10... Aube or upb in place of the light switch will do the trick. Let them compliment your landscape lighting.

If it is your brothers house it would be the perfect place to get your feet wet with a controller like upb

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
03-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Keith here are my two solutions for you:

1: Go to BK lighting and pick up two Olympus 120V PAR20 Cylindrical UP/Down fixtures in bronze (or whatever colour is best). Pick up four Philips 35W PAR20 Halogen Lamps. Install. Done.

http://www.bklighting.com/products.php?ID=379 BK too much dough for the Brother? Then you can pick these up for a song:
http://progresslighting.com/products.aspx?product=P5675-20

2: Pick up two Vista 2522 CSN fixtures. Pick up two 60w electronic transformers. (HD has them for about $20 each) Remove the two offending glare bombs and install the 60w electronics in the junction box, Attach the Vista 2522s to custom copper 5" dia j-box covers. Install two BABs in each, wire up. Done. Obviously this will be the more expensive option.

klkanders
03-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Thank You both.
James, both the BK and Progress look nice. I will show the bro these and the Unique to see what he thinks.

Keith