PDA

View Full Version : What to do next???

mjealey
07-15-2008, 08:44 PM
I am asking opinions on what the next thing to do is for the people that have started and got their business off the ground. My business will be more for pleasure because this is something that I really love doing. I have a full time job working at a bank, so I was thinking maybe 10 lawns to pick up or about 8 hrs. per week.

I just picked up my new Snapper s150x, 48" deck and 21 HP Kawasaki. I also have a 21" Honda push mower that is a year old. Also have a POS Homelite trimmer that was purchased last year.

If you guys were in my shoes what is the first thing that you would do to pick up yards? Picked up one already and that was a neighbor down the street. I was thinking it might be hard this late in the year, and maybe I should wait til March to really try to pick up some yards? Currently in the process of getting insurance and business license tomorrow. I might be part time and do this for fun, but I want to cover my tail and be legit.

Any suggestions on equipment or how to really get this thing going?

What worked for you guys to get going?

billslawn89
07-15-2008, 09:42 PM
advertise in local paper:dancing:

dura to the max
07-15-2008, 10:17 PM
craigslist is working well for me right now.

mowerbrad
07-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Try to get some customers now, don't wait until march. If you can get a couple customers this year that is a couple more for you next year. Advertise in the paper, hand out some business cards, just try to get out there and spread your name around.